Monday, July 25, 2016

Crabby. Crabby...NOT...Crabapple Hill :)

If there is one thing we quilters are...it's patient....we have learned to work away on projects that may take us years to complete!!! Which means signing up for a retreat/workshop a year ahead of time is no problemo....And so, the musketeers signed up back in January of 2015 for a workshop in July 2016 :)  My philosophy is to live my life full steam ahead...I don't know what tomorrow will bring and so I embrace all that makes me and my friends happy!!!  



Visiting Crabapple Hill Studio was a very special experience...it is satisfying to see how one person's dream became a reality...if Meg could dream the vision that is Crabapple...then maybe one day I can dream of finishing all my UFO's!!!


The grounds of the Crabapple Hill Barn has wonderful vignettes of flowers...I love the framed bed spring for climbing flowers.


Meg was a wonderful hostess who moved from table to table spending girlfriend time with each of us.  Laughter, stitching, coloring...could there be a better day???


Our table included from left to right Tina, owner of Bittersweet Quilt Shop in Michigan, myself, Meg designer/owner of Crabapple Hill Studio, Robin, Lori and Sharon (quilt teacher at the Bittersweet Quilt Shop) Barb who also sat at our table was incognito.


Today I plan to hide out in my sewing room and regroup...enjoy some sewing time....sigh...I have been inspired.  Be sure to check out The Quilt Show on Wednesday and this week there will also be a video conversation with Meg on Quilt Roadies...stay tuned!


10 comments:

  1. so....did you isgn up for 2017?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had some fun, looking forward to seeing what projects you all stitched on.

    Enjoy your regrouping day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! All those happy faces. Anxious to see what you made too. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos and your "dream" of finishing all of your UFO's....say if you're gonna dream then dream BIG ...๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos and your "dream" of finishing all of your UFO's....say if you're gonna dream then dream BIG ...๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live very close to Bittersweet Quilt Shop - I will have to drop in and say hello and tell her I saw her on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place for a retreat, love her gardens and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the videos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh soo nice! I came back from quilt retreat last night... I am doing the same.. trying to gradually "re-enter" into the real world again! Aaah it was so nice to be away in a beautiful place and be able to sew and laugh and play! Cant wait to see your upcoming videos and pics! Thanks so much for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a dream come true of a retreat Anna! Really enjoyed the Smilebox Photos at TQS and all the embroidery/quilt inspiration.

    ReplyDelete