Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Gathering Place

Well it has been a challenging few days...the program I have been using for my slide shows suddenly doesn't like my Mac...so, I have had to load the slides on an old PC and then write the blog on the Mac...I swear...computers don't always make like faster and easier!!!  I am starting to reach the end of the pile of photos I have taken on the Road Trip...just in time for the next Road Trip, LOL. 

The Gathering Place in Rupert, Idaho is like a quilting mirage on Hwy 84 between the Utah border and Twin Falls, Idaho.  It is an amazing shop...as in AMAZING...considering that it's population is only about 5,500 in an agricultural area of the Snake River Plain. It is definitely a destination shopping experience.



The shop is so huge that you need shopping carts 
not only to hold your purchases but to lean on for a rest, lol.


The downtown area is sweet and while taking some outside photos I ran into some kids on a field trip...yep, they have that "almost" end of the school year happiness!


Enjoy the slide show and I know you will find something 
you have got to have...just contact 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow generated with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Fun following along with you and visiting the shops, looks like a wonderful place to shop.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to this amazing shop two or three time, but before I caught the wool bug. It is definitely a feast for the eyes.

    Is there a little gift shop adjacent to the shop on the right that connects inside the shop. I love the bigh centre village square it is situated on, reminds me of some towns I visited in New England. Thanks for another lovely show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's quite a shop...so much to see...thanks for sharing. (And how much jumped in your cart and came home with you lol ๐Ÿ˜€)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe, here I sit in Idaho and still haven't trekked down to The Gathering Place! Almost got there a couple of months ago, but even the best laid plans get disrupted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE THE GATHERING PLACE. My brother in law lives there with his wife. Every once in a while we visiting up there. First thing I do is go to that quilt store. Always friendly and helpful. So glad you got to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Gathering Place is sooooo wonderful!! Thanks for sharing our Idaho treasure with others.

    ReplyDelete