Thursday, June 9, 2016

On The Road Again


I almost hate telling him we are heading on the road again...but, without him :(  We are caravanning to the coast with 3 other couples and 2 of them are cat people and 2 dog people...after a short discussion it was decided to not bring our pet family members because of the weather and attention they would need.  I don't feel toooo bad for Enzo because he get to go to Camp Mel which he loves.  Mel and grandma treat him like a member of the family and he has 5 acres to run around in.   

The main reason for the trip is the Sandcastle Building Contest...though with a 60% chance for rain...we may just be hunkered down in the RV.  Although there are only 2 of us who are quilters we are going to visit the Center Diamond no matter what!  I love this shop!!! 

I have decided on 3 projects for the trip...after all it is going to rain...I am tacking down the binding on my Buttermilk Basin 2015 Free BOM, I need to finish a little bit more embellishing stitches on my class sample and then some nice wool stitching projects...oh and maybe a Sashiko for variety.  This should keep me a happy camper!

The Woolie blog will be taking a vacation on Friday but you can catch me on Instagram or Facebook.  Have a great weekend and we'll see you on Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Have a great time away whatever the weather.

    I'm sure Enzo will have lots of tails to tell when you pick him after his adventures.

    Have fun view the Sandcastles, where is the event?

    Enjoy Cenre Diamond, I also love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time and the weather cooperates.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy travels! I'm dying to see a close up of your quilting on BB BOM. I have a woolie quilt that I am completing a (one of Norma Whaley's pattern so) and would love to try hand quilting it with perle cotton. So I am hoping you might post a pic when you are done....Instagram or on your blog (wink, wink)

    ReplyDelete