Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Monday...how sweet it is...


Well for sure it is not going to be today....and, I doubt I will behave myself tomorrow either!  How was your weekend?  Did you get any stitching done...or did you play outside.  We hit the 90's this weekend and I do have to say it is glorious!  Especially when you have air conditioning!  I had a full weekend of stitching and friendship.  A few of the Fabric Stalkers got together for some stitch time and some emotional catch up time :)  I was able to put the last few stitches on a class project for the Quilter's Affair and....drum roll please....I finished hand quilting my Buttermilk Basin 2015 Free BOM.  Now to make the binding and get that ready to hang up!!!  I am also ready to stitch down the binding on my quilt that will be in the Teacher's Tent at the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show.  Yep, I am feeling kinda of "O"....organized!!!

In between all this stitching the Quilt Roadies made a trek out to the woods and visited Tonye Belinda Phillips and that video will be up later today so keep a look out!

So, now back to stitching with the Fabric Stalkers...we met at Lori's place and it is in all it's Spring/Summer glory!



We started stitching up in her sewing room which is absolutely wonderful...at a later date I will do a detailed photo shoot of her sewing room :)



After lunch we moved out to the patio...I love when you are able to stitch outside with all the fresh air.  I think you get more oxygen and then can stitch better...LOL, I crack myself up...



I had to share with you the piece of art that Lori created during her workshop at the Empty Spools Seminars 2016.  Beautiful!!! multi media, piecing, fusing, stitching, applique and paint!



Enjoy the Fabric Stalker's show 'n tell slide show!  And, be sure to check in on the Quilt Roadies later today!  Have a wonderful Monday.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow made with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. Love Lori's Auilt from Asilomar, whi taught the class?

    Congrats on your closed to be finished and finished quilts for the show, can't wait to see them.

    Lovely show and tell hard to pick favourites.

    Enjoy your weather looking forward to. quilt Roadies fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure eat healthy...all that fresh fruit. I am just not sure when you find time to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to quilt together, would love a better outside area that is shaded. I have a big tree but the birds poo all over the chairs, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Winkie!!! It's good to see him again. You all have been so productive. I'm very proud of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Impressive production happening... Just spent 4 days at a quilt retreat, ah...those machines were humming! Sisters-in-quilting, what could be better???

    ReplyDelete