Friday, June 17, 2016

Modge Podge Day

Somehow the universe has gone crazy...traffic is out of control, lines every where I went and the waiting lists at restaurants...oye vey!  So when my sister wanted to get together for dinner last night she asked go out or cook...COOK!  Now ya know something is wrong when I want to cook, lol.

I took a couple of hours out of the day to stitch with some friends and my stress level went down several degrees.

I love Marsha's applique project,  the turkey looks totally disgusted that he has to pull that pumpkin!



Linda and Lori are both working on a Crabapple Hill project...I can't wait for our retreat at Crabapple Hill in July!


As for me I prepped a block for the Floral quilt by Yoko Saito.  It felt good to get another block prepped.  That is the thing about stitching with a group, you get encouraged to keep plugging away and Linda is so inspiring when it comes to that "F" word...finish!  In the next few days we'll have a Quilt Roadie video where she will share what she is working on now...I know you will be inspired!  Have a safe and wonderful weekend!


9 comments:

  1. I love that sewing can bring our crazy and hectic lives back to a normal level of sanity. It looks like it worked very well for you...love the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you, cooking in is easier and more relaxing than waiting for dinner and being shoved into tables, lol. Wonderful pieces and your Yoko piece is beautiful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eye roll that turkey is doing under the brim of the hate. What is the pattern called, I'd love to see what the whole thing looks like.

    Those lures are great. I've been watching her reveal of the Salem Witches Guild and it is also wonderful. I've got a couple of her patterns but haven't stitched any. Have a great time at the stitch in.

    Your block looks great. I'm behind on my Let It Snow and Stacy released the S tonight? I still need to unpack my car.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't blame you a bit!
    Sometimes home is the best place of all.
    Love all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have become addicted to your blog and live vicariously through you, love when you close your blog by hoping we will find time to stitch today. In fact on my way shortly to join my quilting friends for our monthly sew session. Love the Yoko Saito block. Where can I find the patterns or kit? I would love to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen! This is a cheap addiction, lol. Somehow you are registered so your posts are not emailed to me so sorry for answering here...hope you see this...anyhoo...I am doing the Yoko BOM through Primitive Gatherings :)

      Delete
  6. Love that floral block! YOU have inspired me and while preparing to come here (Victoria, BC) I prepped an applique block and almost have it completed! Evenings, after we are tired and in our B&B room, I sit and happily stitch thinking about our day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Jenny...you are in one of my favorite cities and in an B & B!!! have a great time!

      Delete
  7. Love that floral block! YOU have inspired me and while preparing to come here (Victoria, BC) I prepped an applique block and almost have it completed! Evenings, after we are tired and in our B&B room, I sit and happily stitch thinking about our day...

    ReplyDelete