Friday, June 3, 2016

I think I can.... & New Friends

I got all 12 blocks quilted and now for the border!!!  I was a little worried because Stacy had such a bad experience with the Flex Pen not coming off the wool...but on cotton and wovens it disappeared as soon as the steam hit it!!!


The great part about using this pen is when you mark your design if you don't like how it fits you just iron it and voila...you get a do-over!!!  This may be hanging in my house by the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show!  I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...


Leaving Idaho and entering Oregon was one of those euphoric moments...we really pushed it to get as close to home as we could.  The last stop was in Vale, Oregon...it sits on the Malheur River and was the first stop in Oregon along the Oregon Trail.


The wonderful surprise was that the co-owner of the Vale Trails RV Park was a quilter!!! And, her sewing room was right off the check in office!  I suspected there was a quilter about when I walked into the office because there were all kinds of bags,  kleenex holders...made out of quilting fabric :)


Having her sewing room right off the office allows her the flexibility to sew between campers arriving.  If you ever need a place to stay check out the Vale Trails RV Park and say hi to Gretchen!  Have a relaxing weekend and we will see you back here on Monday.  

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. What a fun creative encounter! Looks like she quite profiling!

    Have a great weekend, now onto those borders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - what a talented lady she is! That hummingbird was beautiful! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE those first satchel type bags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your quilt is coming out, I still need to do mine up. Love the scenery, so different from the east coast and definitely a fun campground.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish super...love everything about it ....another UFO bites the dust😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful. I haven't used the frixion pen for marking except to mark a seam line on hst. It is so wonderful to meet other quilters...an immediate connection over a shared passion. I have enjoyed following your travel adventures and look forward to more.

    Do you ever machine blanket stitch on your wool applique?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping in Anna! I had a great time talking quilting, and LOVE your quilt!

    ReplyDelete