Monday, June 20, 2016

A Deep Well

It was a deep well and it was filled to the brim with family time.  The son's and their families hung out with us and all was right with the world.  I did get a bit of sewing room time before everyone arrived and finished prepping 2 of the Yoko Saito's  Floral BOM from Primitive Gatherings.  While prepping I realized that I am not a one genre quilters...although I don't like Buffets...I am definitely a Buffet Quilter!  The Yoko BOM is going to be gorgeous and is so different from my other projects.

I finished another one of Bonnie Sullivan's patterns!  It was a quick 5 x 7 piece that I also added a bit of fancy stitching and a button.  I love it!  I think throwing in a small project is the perfect answer to those  feelings of being overwhelmed by the lines of projects yelling at you from the closet.  It is kind of like having the perfect piece of satisfying chocolate rather than making yourself sick eating the whole box, LOL.  


It was a wonderful Father's Day...the family was all together...the boys and I walked around town, went to the movie while the older men folk went tromping in the woods and end the afternoon splashing around the pool.


Celebrating Father's Day with a couple of dads...priceless


The day ended with a spectacular sunset...
stunning is the only word that comes to mind.



Have a great Monday...
we are having some nice weather and check out the
You Tube Channel for a segment on one of our local quilters.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts and sunset pictures Anna.

    After a day of rain on Saturday the sun came out on Sunday and warmed our souls.

    Your Santa is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your santa is very cute...love the button...it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last two photos!
    Also love your Santa - that heart button is a perfect addition!
    Even with knitting - to keep you on target - you also have to break the big projects up with time out to do some smaller ones - first of all, changing needle sizes helps save your hand - but it saves your sanity!

    ReplyDelete