Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The "F" Word + Linda Engebretson's Gallery Show

The most powerful "F" word in the quilting community is FINISHED!!!  lol...I have been chanting that word lately and it feels good.  Although, I did not make as much progress on my stitching as I thought I would on our road trip I am pleased with what was finished.  I was surprised at this table mat...it was labor intensive!...lots of little stitching but so sweet!


Leaving when we did meant I not only missed The Shop Hop but I also missed the May Gallery opening at Quilt Works featuring Linda Engebretson who is the local embroidery expert. I rushed over to the shop before the exhibit was switched.   Linda has been a seamstress most of her life but surprisingly only entered the quilting world in the late 90's when she moved to Central Oregon.  A valued employee/stitcher at Sew Many Quilts she recently retired from there to spend more time on her own projects!  Lucky for us she continues to mentor a stitching group there!  Enjoy the slide show! and, have a great Tuesday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free photo slideshow customized with Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. What a great body of work, especially when you say that she didn't start quilting until after she was 90!

    Glad you got to see it and share those pictures with us, thanks Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a lovely group of creations and great works. Thanks, once again, for this great tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the slide show, Anna! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did get a few great finishes while on your travels....I liked them all. Thank you for the slide show...some great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get a few great finishes while on your travels....I liked them all. Thank you for the slide show...some great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful show, her quilts are wonderful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a talented and diverse quilter! So glad you got home in time to see it and thanks for sharing it with all of us. I made the St. Nick mat a few years ago and remember the tiny pieces well. I had to use regular sewing thread for those little cuffs, mittens and face pieces. Lots of work but it is one of my favourites. Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I attended a few company events here and I must say that I was impressed every time. The place was aesthetically pleasing with very good decorations and seats. The venues in Houston had a great layout overall, and was at a comfortable temperature.

    ReplyDelete