Friday, May 13, 2016

Stitching It Up in Cedar City

Well we made it to St. George and it was just what the doctor ordered...warm weather...as in 90 degrees.  So we settled in, put on our bathing suits and dragged our clothes to the laundry room.  The RV park laundry room is next door to the pool...perfect way to get your chores done.  Enzo is loving the fact that we settled down again.  It was a long 7 hour haul over several mountain passes that included one semi truck on its side. And, a couple of hours later a huge accident that closed the highway in the opposite direction.  The medical helicopter and several ambulances were present...lots of prayers are needed for someones family.  We finally took a break in Cedar City...



I was lucky enough in 2014 to visit the most awesome shop in Cedar City...so when HH said we were heading to St. George via Cedar City I knew we would be making a quilt shop stop!!!  Kim McAllister, proprietress of this amazing shop is full of energy and not only has a passion for quilting but loves embroidery...a kindred spirit for sure!


To top it all off she has the support of the cutest little shop pup ever...and, her husband refurbishes Featherweights!!!  OH YEAH...Jeff can make your Featherweight sing...or turn it into a STAR!!! You can contact him through Stitching It Up and he can ship!


...aren't they amazing!  I was worried about the belt giving out on my Featherweight on this trip and he had the part!!  Yep, Stitching It Up is a wonderful family business!


Enjoy the slide show and if you see something you can't live without contact Kim at Stitching It Up.  Today Joyce Weeks of Geoff's Moms Patterns and I are meeting up and I hope to share with you what's going on with this amazing designer!  So stay tuned on The Quilt Shows Wednesday blog and also Anna & G, On The Road.  Have a wonderful weekend of sun and stitching!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow made with Smilebox

10 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely and sounds like a nice place to stay. Having laundry nearby is a bonus. Sometimes if we have to use one, I like it when they are in a town that you can walk around while you wait.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh - I love those quilted bags!!!! And I love the kit you bought - and especially the way they framed it! The Welcome Spring pillow was lovely too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh oh - I love those quilted bags!!!! And I love the kit you bought - and especially the way they framed it! The Welcome Spring pillow was lovely too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fun shop. I could go crazy in there...so many cute patterns. The purple machine wants to come live with me. Thanks for the morning smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That shop looks amazing! I was gobsmacked when I saw all those fabulous threads on display.

    I've been to the Fiberworks shop that you shared all thos fun collage patterns, you would love it also. But is in the wrong direction for you.

    I've seen some of those painted Featherweighs, but gasp at their price.

    Can't wait to see your next stash report video!

    Enjoy your pool time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful shop!! Adding this one to my list of 'MUST SEE'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. St. George! My hubby and I headed out there a few winters ago. Hope you are going to Superior threads. They are the nicest people around and thread choices are amazing. I belong to one of the thread clubs and l now use Superior threads almost exclusively. Quilt St. George is where I learned about wool applique (a class with Norma Whaley) and I have been hooked ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a nice shop. thank you for the slide show it sure put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that shop! We stop in whenever we're in town :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We probably passed each other somewhere in St. George yesterday and I would have waved at you as you drove by my house heading to Cedar City. I love that quilt store in Cedar...it's so cute! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete