Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sew A Needle Pulling Thread...

It was a full day of wonderful stitching sponsored by My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe in Logan and Midway Utah.  The force behind the workshop is Kris and Jen...along with all their peeps.  Both Pat Sloan and Stacy West taught an all day classes...all you had to do was chose...For me it was a Buttermilk Basin Day!


Remember this quilt I made for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 2015???   Well, it was a Pat Sloan pattern which I had to add an extra border to so I could meet the parameters of the display.  And...of course I changed it to wool!  It was fun to share with Pat how her design inspired my quilt.  


After a full day of stitching the evening presentation was given by Pat Sloan...and she is an engaging and funny speaker.


These are some of her quilts that were on display.







We are enjoying ourselves at the Homestead Resort but it is so funny for us to realize that we are more comfortable in our RV!!!  And in a couple of days we will hit the road again for the trek home!  But in the meantime today we get a trunk show of Stacy's quilt and a talk by Mr. Aurafil himself!!!  Alex Veronelli.

4 comments:

  1. Love your version of Pat's quilt, I'm sure she did also.

    Sounds like a lovely day and evening. I wonder if Alex will remember contacting you about his thread.

    Can't believe your adventure is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun retreat, two of my favorite ladies, wonderful designers and wonderful people.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat came to our guild a couple of years ago. I loved some of her patterns and thought I would like to do them with wool . Someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete