Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mr. Aurifil Thread + Heading Home....

Before I get started I want to say this has been an amazing adventure!!  I have so much to still share about our trip...the highs...the lows...the freezing and the fun.  Stacy Gross West of Buttermilk Basin has WOW'd the quilt world again with her latest designs!  And you will see it all on The Quilt Show next Wednesday.  I have soooo much more material to share about wonderful quilt shops from St. George to Springville...and then, there is My Girlfriends Quit Shop and the fabulous program they organized.  I want to reveal some of what I accomplished on this trip...but, we are just about done...pooped...tired and ready to be back home :)  We will be off line to concentrate on the last leg of our journey home.  Be sure to check in to The Quilt Show today and we will see you back here on Monday

I tell ya the gals at My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe both the Logan and Midway locations really put on a wonderful event, Sew A Needle Pulling Thread!  Not only is Midway a beautiful location but the variety of activities was wonderful.  Yesterday morning we were entertained by Alex Veronelli who heads up Aurifil Threads.  He is second generation thread manufacturer.  After his presentation on how the thread is made I will never balk at the price...what an amazing process!!!


The most exciting news is that Aurifil is now entering the hand embroidery thread arena!  Their hand embroidery thread is wound on wooden spools...no more tangles...no more need to rewind your thread on card stock!!!  I can't wait for the quilt shops to start stocking this thread!!!


...also they now have a whole line of wool thread!


Enjoy the slide show...Alex brought quilts made by a variety of designers using Aurifil thread...maybe there is something that will spark your imagination!  Have a great rest of the week...I hope it includes some stitching and we'll see you back here on Monday :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow made with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. Wow another great slideshow Anna. I love Aurifil cotton thread and use their Lana wool thread also. I've not seen their new wooden spools yet but will be checking for it when I head south in June and July.

    I've seen another great portrait of Mr. Aurifil by Shruti of 13 Woodhouse lane. I think it was in your Quilt Roadies video, it is a black and white study. Amazing!

    Will miss your blog silence, safe journey home. May the sun shine and the roads be smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have their wool thread and love it for hand appliqué on prim pieces. I have one color that blends with everything.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed your adventures thru your blog posts and fun You Tube videos. Have a safe journey home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered you today. What a treat! I have watched all of your YouTube video. They are great! We are planning a trip and will be visiting many of the same places. I would have loved to attended the Midway classes but it just didn't work out for me. I also love all of the things you have made and are working on. My taste in fabric and patterns is very much like yours. I am currently doing Buttermilk Basin's "Let it Snow". Carol Gouveia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened on your blog this morning at work. Oh my, I think I will have to check out your You tube videos when I get home. My husband and I also RV (we have a 5th wheel camper we pull) and I have a cabinet I keep stocked with my traveling sewing machine and numerous projects to work on. Love reading about your travels. Have a safe journey home and thank you for such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete