Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day...I remember...

Well, we are fully recovered and already planning the next adventure!  Although I think the next one I will be even more organized???!!!  Enzo was happy to be off the leash and running in the woods...as for HH and I we are loving being at home, bed, bath...blah blah blah...but, HH could leave tomorrow if I let him.  Me...I want and need some girlfriend time! It has been wonderful to meet so many quilters who are fulfilling their inner need to create.  So when I saw this little wall hanging I had to get it for my sewing room..I loved that it had a Dresden Plate on it :) I have soooo many photos and so much to catch you up on!  I plan to do that over the next few days.  We had a great time sharing the adventure on Quilt Roadies...go ahead and hit the Subscribe button...it doesn't cost you a cent but whenever we post a new video you will get a heads up!  And, this Wednesday on The Quilt Show you'll get to see the new Buttermilk Basin designs!



Today we reflect on all those that have lost their lives in the service for their country in the armed forces.  We have all heard and read about the wars we have been in and have people in our family trees that have lost their lives...but, my very first memory where I felt it personally and saw the loss first hand was when I was just about to start high school and my mother's friend's son died in Vietnam.  Gerald Leland Poppa, a Sergeant in the Marine Corp was killed at the age of 23 on August 1, 1968.  His younger sister was a girlfriend of my sister and our mom's were part of the Altar Society together...in a small town...everyone felt the loss.  Life was never the same for his mom and family.  Years later I would grieve for the mother of Randy Lee Newman who went to the same high school as my own sons.  I was blessed to be able to make a tee shirt quilt from his shirt collection for his mom...so, today I say their names out loud, give thanks and remember.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to remember those sweet souls Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I have really enjoyed following along on your journey. We used to have 5th wheel trailer and traveled in it, but hubby got tired of that, so we just have a camp trailer and only travel locally. Anyway...I still follow a few of the RV bloggers and one that might be of interest to you is http://wheelingit.us/ They are full-time RVers, but they have spent a lot of time in the west. What might be of help to you in your travels is the information on dog-friendly places, trails, etc. Check them out. I am looking forward to more Quilt Roadies.

    ReplyDelete