Monday, May 9, 2016

Heading to Utah!! So Long Arizona!

We are leaving Sedona this morning and heading North towards Monument Valley and Moab.  Our hearts are filled with the fun times we had here and I know we will be coming back!  But we sure are hoping we find some sun along the way!!!


Yesterday we had a down pour and I spent the morning stitching away on my mom's Feather Weight.  I will never think of it as my Feather Weight...but mom's.  When the weather broke in the afternoon we walked into town for one last look.  After a heavy rain the land looks even more red as the iron in the soil sparkles.  I was putting one foot in front of the other when HH said...looks quilts!  Bee line....and there was a shop that had a whole lot of vintage quilts for sale!  Some of the quilts made me think of Lori from Humble Quilts.



I love this one :)




Next post will be from Moab!  The desert plant life along the way was beautiful.  If you click on each photo it will enlarge for a closer look.  Have a wonderful Monday and we'll be seeing you in Utah!

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free photo collage

6 comments:

  1. I loved visiting the Quilter's Store in Sedona, their gallery shop had some lovely quilts for sale.

    Safe travels on the next leg of the journey. May the sun shine warmly on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing more fun than stumbling onto a quilt store, lol. I hope the weather looks better this week, but looks like more rain in the middle of the states, so hopefully it will pass before you get there.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving being an armchair traveler with your posts, Anna! And your YouTube videos are wonderful! Love having the sound from yoyr HH's tunes, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are living what my hubby and I hope to be doing in the next couple of years. Enjoying your posts and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to check the Sew MOab Quilting shop!
    Unfortunately it was closed when i was there last year. it's got a cute "sign" post on the sidewalk. as i don't know how to post a picture here, i'll post it to Fb.
    Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are heading into the state I live in. Have a friend that grew up in Moab. My hubby and I have a 5th wheel and still are wanting to get to that area. I live in the northern part of the state. Lot of quilt shops in Utah. Very much enjoying watching your videos. Also, I have been to Sisters several times and love that area of Oregon. Our first trip in our RV was to Bend, Sisters, then headed down the coast to Brookings to visit friends there.

    ReplyDelete