Friday, May 6, 2016

Blessings To Mothers

When you sign up for motherhood is it a lifetime commitment to a full spectrum of emotions, the beautiful and the ugly.  But, I would not have it any other way.  I think motherhood can only be navigated by holding the hand of another mother...in this way you are given empathy, love and understanding. 

This is my favorite photo of my mom, she is whacking me on the top of the head...can't remember what I said...I think it might have been something about thanking her a lot of inheriting her boob genetics...but she was laughing and told me to stop because she was going to pee her pants.  My mom and I had a tumultuous life together but I always loved it when I could make her pee her pants!!!  I hope your Mother's Day is relaxing :)



Yesterday, I treated myself to a morning of indulgence.  I booked a facial, hand and foot treatments with Jesse at the Namti Spa in Sedona.  What a wonderful gift to myself...remember it's OK to treat yourself as well as you treat everyone else.  I walked out of there feeling so relaxed and I think I looked a few years younger, LOL.  Afterward we headed back up to Jerome for one last look!!! I love the Jerome City Council that greets you as you enter town! LOL


I forgot to share my relaxing foot soak at Oak Creek Canyon...while....


HH climbed around the rocks.


Also when we had dinner at the HideAway House I fell in love with this painting...how I wish it was for sale!  I love how the artist took the clouds right out of the painting.


I fully admit the entire day I did not pick up a needle or thread!!!  We are supposed to get a little rain in the next couple of days and I figure that will be when I get some sewing time.  It seems this time of year even at home the garden calls my name as much as my stash does. HH has been working on some Quilt Roadie videos and he will be the first one to tell you..this is the best office he has ever had!!


Have a wonderful weekend and celebrate Mother's Day because even if you aren't one...you had one :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you both had a good day.

    G should go into film editing, love his music choices.

    Enjoy your stitching day when the rain comes.

    Love those city councillors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers day to you too. Enjoy your weekend to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed your travelogue..both on the blog and You tube. Happy Mother's day to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed your travelogue..both on the blog and You tube. Happy Mother's day to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you went to my favorite store in Jerome--Nellie Bly. It is the kaleidoscope store. Glad you are enjoying the beautiful AZ weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really nice campsite, I was thinking it would be open and desert like, think I could live there, lol. Wonderful photo with your mom.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog, my husband and I are really enjoying living vicariously through your Sedona visit. We had a great time when we were there. We took my sister, my daughter and her husband on the trip, all riding in our RV. Daughter and husband stayed in a hotel on 89A while the three of us lounged around in our RV. On our first night, we woke up to 6" of snow!! Loved it... April 2011. Such a surprise. We had spent the previous night at the Grand Canyon and got word there would be heavy snow, so we got out of there fast the next morning. The drive to Flagstaff was dicey to say the least as I-40 was barely plowed. Once we turned south to Sedona on I-17 I was able to relax and enjoy the scenery. When we got to Rancho Sedona, we told them snow was on the way. They said, "nah.. we never get it this late.." Uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post and your photos are lovely. Happy Mother's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete