Thursday, April 21, 2016

This & That Thursday

I think one of the wonderful things about being a quilter is that our gift giving may include handmade items.  I really love making something rather than buying something when time allows.  When I was on the cruise Lisa of Primitive Gatherings guided us through the making of this needle book and scissor holder.  I knew right away I would be making these for my friend Lori's birthday and so I stitched her initials onto the backs.



I also crafted some birthday pincushions for stitch friends.



Anne never fails to WOW.  
She decreased the size of this quilt and I think it is perfect!!!


here is a peek at a few of the Birch Street Stitch Day projects.  It is count down to hitting the road...lots of stitching ahead for me!!!  I have been struggling with what to take...I thought I had it all figured out and then I totally changed my mind!  This is worse than packing for quilt retreat because that was only 5 days and this trip is going to be a whole lot longer....I do know that if this turns out like quilt retreat I won't finish everything I take, LOL.

Don't forget to leave a comment for the Give Away by clicking on this link.  Be sure you are a registered follower of the blog.  Also I was informed that you can go on The Quilt Show and sign up for the newsletter for free and it will let you know when my Wednesday blog post is up :)  Have a great Thursday...it is packing day for us and Gwen Marston is the featured guest at Guild Night!!!!  

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Another free photo collage by Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. Love that tiny pocket for the heavier threader. I have a tiny safety pin in my needle book for it and one of the clover square needle threader.

    Love those little star baskets.

    I have the buggy barn book for Anne's quilt I think, love how she downsized it.

    Hope you have Happy Trails on this next road trip.

    Loved your first into video! You three rock, com om Enzo, smile st the camera! Soon he'll be mugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gifts and it is fun to make them for friends. I also love to design new patterns based on gift ideas for my friends.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how she downsized it. I can do that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Ann's quilt is a WOW!! I love giving handmade gifts too. Enjoy the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete