Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Fabric Stalker Retreat!!!

This is going to be an EPIC retreat!!!  The last few years schedules have made it hard for everyone to attend the retreats together...but, the stars aligned, the quilt gods spoke and everyone is able to make this retreat.  9 of us...in a house that sleeps 24...I think we should fit, LOL.

It was challenging to decide what I wanted to take because when I opened my sewing room closet there was a lot of..."take me, take me...no, I am older, take me!!!"  Decisions, decisions...and so here is the pile...and, I stand before you without shame and tell you who made the cut.  The Voice, American Idol, Survivor and Amazing Race is not as brutal as I was in my decision making!!


The Sewing Room made the cut because I still have the Snow Days hanging up because I don't have a quilt that will fit that hanger...MUST DO...so I can change the quilt out!


Spring in Paris made the cut because I finally have the flowers all tacked down and only the fun stuff is left...kinda like eating the cake and now I am ready to have all the frosting!


My 2016 Cuppa BOM has to go because I am behind...and I am bringing all my thread along anyway to work on Spring in Paris!


This project screamed the loudest because I finished all the hand stitching blocks on our camping trip in 2014...ugh...I would really love to be able to hang this one up in my entry this December...wouldn't that be awesome!


The 2015 Designer Mystery that Lori and I signed up for because I want to use that basket in the RV...good reason I think.


Although this project is not technically a UFO because I started it this year...there are a few reasons it made the cut.  I need the black case it is in for another project, the fabrics are fun...and, as all things in life...a little youthfulness makes the oldies feel younger!


And so, there you have it...Full Disclosure...next Monday I will reveal what I got done and I think it will be time for another Buttermilk Basin Give Away.  

13 comments:

  1. How long are you going to be away? I'm counting seven projects that you plan to work on! Have a wonderful time, hoping you get some sleep along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you will run out of things to do. Have fun and "see" you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a lot of great projects to work on. I think I have that sewing pattern around here somewhere, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is VERY ambitious of you.Great projects to work on. Have a super retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is VERY ambitious of you.Great projects to work on. Have a super retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already stressing about what I'm taking to retreat in October...and then another little thing cropped up that made my decision making even more interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a blast! The more the merrier as far as projects go don't ya think? Hey I saw your post on TQS. I'm so looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How long is this retreat? I would have to be away for a month to get all of this done. You work super fast and your projects are so beautiful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a great variety! Have a wonderful time - can't wait to see what gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how long is your retreat? You definitely won't run out of things to work on. I am going on one next weekend. At a place called Crooked Creek Christisn Camp CANNOT wait!!! They also have trails that run right by the creek and a prayer labriythe (sp) that is so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As everyone else has said, this is an ambitious list of projects. Good luck with that :) Remember to have fun and eat lots of chocolate. It's a staple at our retreats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmm... how long is this retreat? lol! All those projects would take me at least a year to finish! ;-) Looking forward to seeing what you've accomplished! Have FUN! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully organized projects. I must try that! Have fun. What kind of dwelling houses 24 people? Omg!

    ReplyDelete