Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Woolie Tuesday

Today is Woolie Tuesday at QuiltWorks! A bummer for me as I will be staying home and taking care of myself...boo hoo. What I thought might have been the beginning of allergy season for me might be something else...drats! Yesterday was a non-stitching day...yes, I occasionally have those, LOL.  My cousin Kathy came down from Portland for a visit and brought some of my favorite Peeps!  I love these girls and the world is brighter for their place in it!

Erin, Amaya & Mac

The postal service does not deliver mail to my house and so I have a private post box...I get text messages when a package as arrived.  I didn't order anything???  I could not believe my eyes...or your lucky stars but Stacy of Buttermilk Basin sent a whole package of Give Away patterns!!!  Holy Wool,  Batman!!!  Stacy...you are truly a generous soul!!!  Once I get organized I will start posting the Give Aways...I am thinking a couple at a time...after all, I have to walk to my mailing station..and, I could use the exercise!


Last night my Sisters book group met...oh how I love the women in this group...an amazing group of strong individual people.  Our book was The Orphan Train...a MUST read.  It is a fictionalized historical novel and is shocking in that around 200,000 children were put on these trains. Once started I couldn't put it down. 



Have a great Tuesday and I hope a little Wool is part of your day!

16 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading Orphan Train as well....hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading Orphan Train as well....hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better and how generous. Hoping I can win something. Get better. I will be in town this weekend for a fast trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. How generous of Stacy, free mystery BOM, and bow these patterns! Thank you Stacy, hope I get to meet you in July!

    Spring colds are lousy, but glad you had some visitors to cheer you up. Take care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    So enjoy your blog and I especially liked the post about Emotional Hygiene! Spot on!!! So thank you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    So enjoy your blog and I especially liked the post about Emotional Hygiene! Spot on!!! So thank you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Stacy is amazing, how lucky for us. Be good to yourself and get healthy fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you heal quickly. Nice to have some treats to look at while you recover. Stacy is awesome! Her designs just keep getting better. I love that truck series :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you to have made such a good friend!! I can't believe how generous Stacy is!! Love my JOY pillow and it's even cuter in
    REAL life!! It is in the works as I write this! (Thanks again to you both!!) Hope you are on the mends!! There is a nasty cold going around right now...
    P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever ails you. Some times a girl just has to take a day or two of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a sweet surprise. I do love the truck pieces and the christmas quilt, her designs are so fun to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved The Orphan Train & never knew they existed before I read it. I enjoy your posts & slide shows very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another terrific book about orphans is Oranges and Sunshine by Margaret Humphries. It's the author's true story and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow--Stacy is so generous with her adorable designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who wrote the Orphan Train? There are three books on Amazon with that title. Thanks, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is nplyman@yahoo.com I had to go to my Trash to find the blog that told me about the book. Thanks

      Delete