Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF

Well, I have been a little under the weather and decided to hang close to home for the weekend rather than head up to Portland.  Although, it would have been nice to get out of Dodge...because there is home construction going on all around us.  I finished a new book and it would be a great book club choice...so many questions.  And, I learned a lot about amnesia.  It is about a healthy man who became infection with encephalitis and lost his short term memory...about every couple of minutes he would forget what happened and the researcher who studies him for decades falls in love with him...although each time he sees her it is the first time for him...so many things to think about.


My Daffodils are starting to come up and it is time to decorate for Spring.  I brought out my cheese board to set up a little Spring vignette.


I designed and finished a little St. Paddy's Day candle mat for the front entry and now anyone who wants to join me can make something for Easter! 
 If we start now we'll be ready by Easter!!!


I am going to lay low for the weekend...work on some piecing, stitch on an Easter mat,  finish my cross stitch Acorn and start a new book...sounds wonderful!!!  Monday we'll see who the dog dish coughs up to receive the Thread Book GiveAway donated by  Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings  If you are interested leave a comment Here!

8 comments:

  1. Love the Shamrock Mat...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better, working on some little woolly projects will be a nice way to rest and relax.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan! Rest and lots of fluids, stitching on your acorn sampler p.r.n. It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! I love the shamrocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shamrock mat is there a pattern? Hope you have a very relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the cheese board for the woodsy spring look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shamrock mat. That is so cute. I'm going to have a sewing weekend, just relaxing and having fun. Hugs, szil949@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get to feeling better. I also read a book about amnesia this week it is called What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty it was a pretty good tread. Now I am off to quilt my BB BOM from last year I just finished then find an easy pattern for two baby quilts to make and hopefully have the fabric in my stash.

    ReplyDelete