Thursday, March 3, 2016

Smorgasbord Post....

Today, is a little bit of this and a little bit of that...HH and I decided we wanted to enjoy a date night which included a movie and margaritas!  The movie was "Hail, Caesar" with a whole line of great stars...but, I should preface this by saying it was a Coen brothers movie.  This means it is the type of humor and story line that will only appeal to a certain population...which included us, lol.  I am not sure this movie would be understood by anyone who isn't a baby boomer.  To really enjoy this movie I think you would have had to grow up on BIG panoramic movies, with dancing and swimming and the parting of the Red Sea.


I finished my flame border blocks and dropped them off to Janet who was enjoying a day of sewing at  the Stitchin' Post.  It was a busy sewing day at the Stitchin' Post and I got to see a finished Great Granny Block Quilt done by one of my classmates from the day before!  There were over achievers in my class...that would not be me, lol.


Here is Janet still tweaking the design for the Fireman Quilt that will be gifted to the British Firemen.  The whole designing of a quilt is lost on me...thank goodness for people like Janet!


Joyce, another quilter involved in the construction was piecing these tiny quilts...there are pieced...yes, I said pieced...and, are the size of a coaster!!!


After checking out what people were working on I headed to a stitch day with the Berries.  My designated UFO to work on when the Berries meet is Stars & Sprigs.  It is a pieced and hand appliqued quilt...although, I won't be making it a full sized quilt since I don't have the wall space for a quilt that big.  I figure since the Berries meet once a month I will be working on this quilt into the next life!!!


Have a great Thursday...hope it includes a little stitching...
and, don't forget the Give Away

3 comments:

  1. Have been wanting to see that movie - love the Coen brothers - I think O Brother Where Art Thou is in my top ten! BUt I was afraid that we were seeing the best of it in the previews.....suposed to rain all weekend so maybe we will have to go see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always worth reading. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete