Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Perfect Weather

Winter is going out with a bang!  It literally snowed on and off all day.  All this snow melted away by mid-day and then it snowed again.  We are loving the snow pack as this provides with the water we need through the summer months.  The ski resorts are dancing the happy dance!!!


Have you been keeping up on the Holiday Challenge?  The next one is Easter and I decided this little sheep mat by Buttermilk Basin was the perfect project for the holiday.


I was able to finish it with lots of time to spare :)


Next holiday challenge is Fourth of July!!!  Have you picked out your project???  I have sooooo many 4th of July UFO's to choose from but I am going to start working on one this week...and we'll see if I can get more than one ready for Independence Day...after all I want freedom from the piles in my sewing room!!!  Join me!


The highlight of my Monday was the arrival of my table top box to mount my acorn cross stitch.  The box is stunning.  I ordered it from Sudberry House which has all kinds of wooden accessories for your stitcheries.  


The box is beautiful and will hold glasses and pens
 on our coffee table.  
The inside is lined and it has little brass feet.


There is real satisfaction in completion...I need to chant this 5 times! 
There is real satisfaction in completion
There is real satisfaction in completion
There is real satisfaction in completion
There is real satisfaction in completion
There is real satisfaction in completion 

Have a great Tuesday and be sure to click HERE to leave a 
comment for the Wooly Wound Give Away!!!

10 comments:

  1. Your little August Wool Mat is adorable! That Stacy sure knows how to design a cute project! I wish she would take a wee break so that we could get caught up!! haha (Just joking Stacy...keep 'em coming! Be careful what I wish for...:oO Yikes!) You continue to WOW me with your cross stitching...and that box blows this project out of the water! Heirloom material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your acorn sampler looks lovely as a finished piece in the box, perfect container to store yor threads and linens for the Halloween piece you are working on.

    Your sheep candle mat looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes.... Really like the box. It's so fun to do something other than framing for cross stitch pieces. I enjoy seeing what you're going to do next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes.... Really like the box. It's so fun to do something other than framing for cross stitch pieces. I enjoy seeing what you're going to do next :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You skipped Memorial Day....the day we remember those who died while fighting for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful piece and perfect for spring. I am doing an easter piece, so I guess that counts, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable sheep! I've got several wool projects ready to stitch...love these spring evenings for that. My weather is finally good. It's 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little mat is adorable and that box is beautiful! No snow here, but it is a little cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your acorn cross stitch, I'm thinking that maybe I should do this project too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Freedom from the piles in your sewing room"... that's the perfect way to say that! Your sheep mat looks awesome! Congrats on yet another lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete