Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday Muses + Winners!

I wanted to start my week with a heart felt thank you to all of you who take the time to stop by and read the blog.  I love the friendships and support that happens here.  And now,  the 2 winners of the Thread Organizer Booklet from Primitive Gatherings...Stitchin' By The Lake and Anne.  Email me your address and you too will soon be the most organized thread owner in your stitching group!!!


I spent the weekend laying low trying to get my energy back up.  This interruption to my normal frenetic pace allowed me to make some progress on a number of fronts.  I finished piecing the SF Giants quilt top for my nephew's son.  I need to find some nice backing fabric and then it will be quilting time.  I liked how it turned out.

One of the words of wisdom I came home with from Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings was, even if you don't have time to stitch at least prep the current  months BOM block.  So, I prepped block #4 of the Yoko Saito Floral Bouquet BOM and block #2 of Buttermilk Basin Free BOM.  Today, I am going to prep block #2 of Cuppa...boy...do I feel BOM superior, LOL.

I finished my Acorn cross stitch...which I LOVE.  I decided not to frame it but have ordered a box where I can mount it on the lid and then use it to store glasses and pens on our great room coffee table.


After digging through my cross stitch pile I came across this project which was taking up way too much space.  Yep, this is the next project.  It is a Halloween sewing box with pincushions and storage for sewing items.  Each piece should go fairly quickly because they are small projects.  I have had a few comments on Instagram and Facebook about how fast I stitch and there is no secret here.  I stitch each evening in front of the TV for about 2 hours and those times just add up.  TV rarely takes my full attention :)


I hope your week gets off to a good start!!!

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the Acorn cross stitch, it will be nice for the falls. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're starting to feel better...The March Blahs are....umm BLAH. The new Halloween stitchery looks really fun :)/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're starting to feel better...The March Blahs are....umm BLAH. The new Halloween stitchery looks really fun :)/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners and good to hear that you are on the mend, sick is no fun. If I have nothing good to say, then I say nothing, that is how my week is starting, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I often say, I usually watch TV with the top of my head! I can hear the same commercial over and over til I have it memorized, then one day I'll look up and be completely surprised that that is what those familiar words and jingles look like!

    Love that Acorn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your acorn Anna, I have a few friends with the crud cold right now, glad I had mine way back in the fall.

    Congrats to the winners. Take it slow and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Your stitching is flawless. Beautiful! Sending you my love.

    ReplyDelete