Thursday, March 31, 2016

Gratitude

Oh yes, yesterday was a day of gratitude...I went to PT and told Jason my dreams of running and skiing again and he didn't laugh out loud!  But, in fact said he didn't see why I couldn't be there by Fall...can one love one's Physical Therapist???  or at least believe he may be the BEST physical therapist in the WORLD...I do love people who are filled with positive energy.

The next wonderful event was...drum roll, please...I emptied a project box!!!!  It has been months since that happened.  I have the top done for my quilt that will be in the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show this summer.  Sandy who will be the featured long arm quilter in the show will be quilting this baby for me!  

I could fill this box up right away but I think I am going to let it sit empty on the shelf for a while just so I can live in a moment of quilt smugness!  It is funny how something this simple can bring such joy to the heart of a quilter.  Do you use project boxes?  Do you feel the same way when you empty them?



It is with such gratitude that I live in this day and age...my sister who is in Europe and about to get on a River Cruise texted me her arrival and photo!!!  When I think about my mom writing letters to my grandmother overseas and it taking a month or more to arrive...well, I am so grateful that I live in a place and time where I have this ability.


I don't know about your neck of the woods but we are having beautiful clear crisp days and if I am not stitching I am on my bike!  Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

  1. It is such a Wonderful feeling when I empty a project box too :-D
    Physical Therapist are just the best people!

    We are also enjoying sunshine skies here in the sierra foothills of California. I have been going out each morning enjoying my gardens. So hard to stay inside and sew when it is so beautiful out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use project boxes; but unfortunately, not emptying them as fast as you. sigh Love your positive posts! Love modern technology, although sometimes I'm challenged by it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish, now for the reveal! I tend to use bags, I've got some of those vinyl zipper bags that you get linens etc.in and corral future projects or BOM in.

    Your sister looks happy to be going on the cruise.

    Great quote for today. Sunny and very warm weather here in south west B.C. It is expected to stay thru the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have project boxes and they never get emptied, lol.
    It is fun to be able to share trips and adventures online, just wish a certain person had that consideration for me;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. The colours and stitching I could see on your last post about this project were wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. The colours and stitching I could see on your last post about this project were wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Empty boxes are a sight to behold! I'd enjoy staring at it from across a room...at least for a few days. (Ha! Ha!) Clear here the valley too, a beautiful day for a walk...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Empty boxes are a sight to behold! I'd enjoy staring at it from across a room...at least for a few days. (Ha! Ha!) Clear here in the valley too, a beautiful day for a walk...

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU are filled with positive energy!
    wishes of success for this year's SOQS. I'll be missing it this time :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Anna! That is not just any empty project box. That is a super large empty project box. Congrats! Love Cakers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are getting stronger every day! Hasn't the weather been amazing?! Its about time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah!!running by fall!!!! Come do the run/walk method to ease back in...

    ReplyDelete