Monday, March 21, 2016

Emotional Hygiene

How was your weekend??? Did you get any stitching time?  I am not sure whether it was the stitching time or the Podcasts that gave me a boost this weekend.  I want to share this podcast with you because I think it is important...Emotional Hygiene by Guy Winch really struck a cord with me!  We get physicals...we go to the Dentist...but, it is a rare person who has emotional hygiene on their yearly check off list. Take the time to watch and take care of yourself :)

I can't believe it but I finished a PIG!!!  A PIG is a "project in grocery sack"...actually it is one that was purchased and never unpacked!  I bought this project over a year ago at the Corn Wagon Quilt Shop one of my favorite shops on our camping vacation in 2014.  I am feeling pretty darn good about having a 4th of July project done and it isn't even Summer yet!!!


If you forgot what the Corn Wagon Quilt Shop was like 
I have included this video from that shopping experience!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free photo slideshow

I also sewed together all the panels for 2 footstools!  And, 
I am now ready for class on Thursday!  The top one is for me...


...and this one is for my DIL.  What I can say is...so far the construction of this footstool has been easy...with that said...I could have never done this without a class!  It is sooooo much fun!

Have a great Monday! 
 And don't forget that you have a FREE week of the 

7 comments:

  1. As soon as I read Corn Wagon Quilt Shop I remembered going there in Utah. As I recall it was main floor upstairs and basement. I don't recall how long ago but it was great. Another store I love is Quilts, Etc in Sandy Utah, they had another store across the street called The Handmaiden which was cross stitch etc. Don't know if it is still there. Utah has some great shops. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sandi! Some of my best 'encounters' have been in Utah! This one is right up there!! Thanks for sharing! Loved all of the projects...especially the one with the houses and trees going around the border! I was trying to see the name of it on the cornercard...but alas..:o( Just what I need another pattern...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on your PIG.... I am working on my PHD.... project half done... and looking forward to more FINISHES.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of projects that I bought and never made and I guess some came in bags, lol. I also bought a wedge ruler to make baby mats, another thing on my to do list.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't seem to access the "free" week of Quilt Show Can you repost instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watched the Emotional Hygiene Podcast and it totally hit home,thanks for opening doors one never knew could be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watched the Emotional Hygiene Podcast and it totally hit home,thanks for opening doors one never knew could be.

    ReplyDelete