Monday, February 1, 2016

The Forrest Gump of Quilting

I don't feel bad in thinking I am the Forrest Gump of Quilting, it is the truth...For me Quilting is like a box of chocolates...you just don't know what you are getting into with each and every project, lol.  The Quilting life has opened so many doors to adventures and new friends...and on top of that in the end...I have a quilt!!!

You might remember that The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims came to my house to film last summer and I blogged about it right Here.  About 6 hours of film and planning is edited down to my 10 minutes of fame which will air on February 14th on The Quilt Show !!!  I asked the producer why my segment couldn't be paired with another Forrest Gump Quilter...but I guess that doesn't attract viewers.  And so,  the featured quilter is Jenny Bowker !  I met her last year at Empty Spools and she is no Forrest Gump!!!  So check it out on February 14th.  OK, that is enough about me.

I had to share the Best of Show quilt at the Road to California...it is so funny because the first couple of times I saw this photo on Facebook I thought it was a vendor booth picture, LOL...this is a QUILT!!!!  you must click on the photo to enlarge.

The 2016 Best of Show at the Road to California by Melissa Sobotka


I made it out to Black Butte for an afternoon of stitching with the Fabric Stalkers and was not disappointed by the amount that already had been completed in 24 hours!  Enjoy the slideshow and I encourage you to find a quilt group that you can share the ups and downs of life with...it has been a wonderful adventure with this group of women.  Wishing you a great start to the week!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital slideshow

3 comments:

  1. What a prolific group! They really put the pedal to the medal in those first 24 hours.

    Love the second story quilt showing gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comparison to Forest G and saw you advertised on the Quilt Show today. I'll be waiting for your segment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I didn't even notice that, I must have seen quilt show and thought it was about the quilt show, lol. I have been in a fog since april, I miss a lot so congratulations for being in the show!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete