Friday, February 26, 2016

TGIF

A good way to start the weekend is with a good book and I highly recommend "The Truth According To Us."  It is an epic family novel set in Macedonia, West Virginia and is narrated by several characters.  As with all families...there is history...good, bad, tragic and still there is love.  If you haven't read her other book "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" it also is a must read!


I woke up yesterday with a need for a road trip so HH and I decided to head over to Prineville.  It is a town about 45 minutes from us and when you drop down the plateau into town you feel for a moment like you are in a Western Movie.  The Fabric Stalkers in recent years rent a house outside of town for a Spring retreat.  Our next one is in April (I can't wait!!!)  I always get a lot done at this retreat and we always stop at The Quilt Shack


The owner is a sweetheart!!! and you feel like family when you walk through the door!!!  They have such a variety of fabrics that there is really something for everyone.  So, if you need a nice ride in the country you must add The Quilt Shack to you agenda.  Stopping for lunch at Dillon's Grill will help you build up your energy for shopping!


Enjoy the slide show!  Have a wonderful weekend and 
we'll see you back here on Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free slideshow design

7 comments:

  1. So many pretties - but i LOVE the first red/white/blue one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book awhile back and totally loved it. The characters and story was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that princess and the pea clock! I went there last year and was amazed at how much she had there.

    I enjoyed your portion of the Quilt Hop video yesterday...a star in the making Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for letting us know about this book - The Guernsey book is one of my all-time favorites. Love the first quilt and the last pattern is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I will have to read this book, I love the other one so much. Thank you. I'm always looking for good books to listen to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun place to go and always nice to get out, just for a ride, my favorite thing to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the Quilt Shack photos... Lots of neat ideas and projects! Can you tell me the name of the leaf table runner pattern that appears near the end? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete