Monday, February 22, 2016

Sweet Monday

This past weekend was just what the Quilting Psychiatrist ordered...a handful of stitching days in a row!!!  Finally able to clear some surfaces, plot my attack and move forward through the battle lines...sounds like I am strategizing a battle plan when in reality I am just dealing with my stacks of projects, LOL. But it felt good to make some headway and get a little organized.  

I wanted to share with you the group photo from the cruise.  We are quite an amazing group...you can click on it to enlarge and then it is like a "Where is Waldo" challenge...can you find me?   


The time has come to announce the winner of Stacy's Give Away...she is so generous!!!  And there are 2 winners!!!  Barbara Woods and Paulette!!!  Email me your mailing address and I will get these kits off to you!!! 


A friend of mine has an Etsy shop selling these Wooly Wounds and I have placed a link on the right side of the blog if you are interested.  These Wooly Wounds are such a wonderful addition to wool stitchery because you don't have to buy all those expensive spools of thread but can get a bobbin's worth of every color!!!  Check it out your pocket book will like you :)


How did you spend your weekend???  One of the accomplishments for me was getting all my fabrics cut for the Great Granny Square quilt.  I love using this strip cutter...everything is precise and it is more time efficient!


I love my neat little stacks of fabrics and can't wait till I can dive in and start stitching those Great Granny Squares!


I made a pile of scraps but don't the colors look wonderful!


I am almost done with a friends quilt in memory of her son and it has been a journey of gratefulness.  That is what I love about quilting...the very action of stitching fabric together is so much like life itself.  Have a wonderful Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Great fabric choices ...the finished quilt will be fabulous... Hope you'll share block one when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric choices ...the finished quilt will be fabulous... Hope you'll share block one when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Barbara and Paulette!

    I think i spooked you but will let other guess.

    Nice start on your project Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo and i did recognize you up there.
    Looks like you got a lot done this weekend.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you - top balcony - 4th from the right. Did you get there late or early?? LOL I don't think I know about the granny squares...picture please. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing those piles of fabrics. I have to tell you I just watched you on The Quilt Show! What an amazing segment! Loved "meeting" you and enjoyed your tutorial on working with wool. Great job! Will definitely become a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners!!! I was doing the happy dance when I saw that Paulette was one of them! My own copy of that pattern arrived in todays mail...so maybe we'll all have to stitch up that cute little snowman together and share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! I WON!! I WON!! Thank you so much, Anna...and Stacy...and not to forget Enzo! I've never had a dog cough up my name before! I am honoured!
    Pxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Anna It was lovely to put a face to your blog. I have just watched you being interviewed on The Quilt Show. Congrats from NZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little stacks of goodness there, Anna! I already checked out those wooly rounds of threads. Great idea! Too bad they don't ship to Canada...I know a number of woolies who would love those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, we can ship to canada. So no worries. Just let us know.

      Delete