Thursday, February 25, 2016

Giddy Up

The The Quilt Show link is working!!!

Yesterday was a busy one...errands to Redmond and back...and it was bread baking day which meant the smoke alarm drill.  I swear I have the most sensitive smoke alarms or they must be horribly placed.  Enzo was worried and was hiding under the coffee table hoping that woman screaming FIRE FIRE FIRE would just leave us alone!!!


Speaking of fire...I had to stop by the Stitchin' Post to find out what portion of the quilt being sent with our Firemen over seas I would be making.  Not being a designer I am ok with working on the pieced border...just give me the instructions and life will be good.  And, it gave me time to poke around the shop!  One of the gals was working on a shop sample...someday I am going to have to get over my fear of zippers...they scare me...maybe there is a zipper therapist who can help???!


This years Raffle bike was front and center...sooooo cute...
I am going to have to buy my tickets soon!


QuiltWorks's group exhibit was the Mt. Bachelor Quilt Guild 2015 Challenge Quilts which were all inspired by the game of CLUE!!!  I swear anyone who think Quilters are a just a boring bunch of women cutting up fabric and piecing it together again needs to take a look at this show!!


Enjoy the slide show!  Hope you get some stitching time today!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own slideshow

8 comments:

  1. Love that bent candlestick and I'm guessing Miss Scarlett with the rope.

    Zippers are fun, you can do it Anna!

    Share some more information about this quilt for firemen overseas!

    Love Enzo's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking bike.Good luck on the draw. You know, I just bet you can find one of your stitching friends to help you learn zippers...and think of all the other things you could make once you perfected the skill....I say go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking bike.Good luck on the draw. You know, I just bet you can find one of your stitching friends to help you learn zippers...and think of all the other things you could make once you perfected the skill....I say go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watched The Quilt Show. Loved it! It was fun getting to know you a bit better. Thanks for the tips on working with wool. Great quilt, by the way (is that the Eiffel Tower?!) Beatrice (from France, Europe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had half your energy, lol.
    I can't wait for the weather to get nice and i can get out again, didn't get to ride my bike last year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to put zippers in all sorts of things like dresses and pants, but now they freak me out a little, too. If you find a therapist, let me know. LOL Poor Enzo! Tell him I don't like when I set off the smoke detector either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enzo looks just like my neighbors dog, Sienna. I love the look of that block that is made into a zippered bag. No need to fear zippers, they really aren't that hard as log as the instructions are good. I wrote a tutorial on Craftsy how to sew a simple zipper for a bag http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/accessory/sewing-a-zipper-into-a-bag/18746
    There are other free tutorials on Craftsy and all over the internet too. Just depends on the style of bag you are making, such as a recessed zipper or whether you sew the zipper facing you like in the tutorial I wrote, or for a lined bag you might sandwich the zipper between the exterior and interior fabrics, etc. Once you try sewing one zipper, you'll see they are no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blog anymore because my life is pretty boring right now, but goodness, even at my highest level of activity, I couldn't hold a candle to you! Loved this post... Loved the Smilebox show quilts, they are amazing. There is a zipper in your future, I just know it. Finally, your hunky firemen are going on a trip and taking a quilt? Tell me more! Fun stuff. Oh, by the way, a friend who lives in Bend and is not of the quilt world was sharing that a beer spa had opened up, of all things. I told him that was old news. I knew of it. He said, "but it just opened last week!" I told him I had spies everywhere. Lol. Last but not least, your Quilt Show segment was terrific! Loved watching it, seeing your home again, very well done show. Give Enzo some ear plugs.
    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete