Friday, January 8, 2016

UFO Friday

Here we are at the first official UFO Friday of 2016.  My UFO Friday project is a Sashiko quilt by Sylvia Pippen.  I have 3 blocks done and am now beginning block 4!  I love this project because it is totally portable.  One block, One thread in a sweet pouch made by Robin.  


This is what the quilt will look like when it is all done :)


I wanted to share this photo of Nola, one of the Berries.  She is joyful personality that is reflected in this adorable purse she whipped up.  I have several bag patterns but they stymie me...I think this year I may try to get up the courage to start creating bags...zippers scare me.


OK OK...I know this is the year of the UFO but really...life is also about experiencing the new and exciting...right!?!  I couldn't believe when I was checking out the Stitchin Post Winter/Spring class offerings and I found  a class that I could actually fit in my schedule...it was a quilt I have wanted to make!!!  And...it is taught by my friend Tamra.  It is offered as a 2 day class a week apart and my schedule is opened both days...wow.  The Stitchin' Post is having their class preview party on Saturday. Isn't it wonderful and made out of her stash!


Have a wonderful weekend,  
do something out of your comfort zone 
and find time to take a stitch or two.

6 comments:

  1. haha..YUP... I have the pattern and FABRIC sitting in a tote waiting for me to start this quilt! I think my pattern is called 'Confetti'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of crocheted afghan blocks. Can't wait to see what fabrics you choose to make it in. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sashiko quilt is going to be gorgeous!! I have the Granny Squared book by Lori Holt and have been looking at it a lot lately. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be beautiful when you're done!
    I really love her bag!
    I don't like doing zippers either!
    Hope your whole month is full of great days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally having my sewing studio organized (mostly!) I am starting off by completing several UFO's. Designating Fridays as a UFO day is a grand idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally having my sewing studio organized (mostly!) I am starting off by completing several UFO's. Designating Fridays as a UFO day is a grand idea...

    ReplyDelete