Monday, January 4, 2016

Playing Catch Up

The party is over :) and I am playing a little blog catch up.  I did a lot of reading over the holidays and will be sharing those books over the next few days.  The last time I was in Powell's in Portland I reviewed the new releases wall and chose several books to read that I had never heard of...well, the first one was The Girl With All The Gifts.  I really didn't know what this book was about until I started reading it...Zombies...I actually read a Zombie book! And, you know what...it was a good read.  I doubt I will be adding Zombie reads to my regular books of choice but this one was a VERY interesting.


Last night a group of us wives and husbands went to the movie & dinner...All I can say is you MUST see The Big Short!!!  It was very well done and although it was about the economic bubble of 2008...and doesn't that sound like a big snooze...it wasn't!  In fact it was mesmerizing...hard to fathom and a whole lot of lessons to be learned.  If there was a 10 star rating I would give this movie a big 10!


I wanted to share the December-January quilt exhibit at QuiltWorks featured mini-groups from Central Oregon.  That is the best part of quilting...the people you meet.  You may not agree politically, religiously or culturally but when it comes to quilting you understand each other.  The show included Friendship Quilts by The Blockin' Robins, Quilts based on Mr. Mac & Me by Book, Scissors, Quilt...Decorative bowls by Founding Fibers and 2 challenges by the Sundance Art Quilters, one based on a pattern by member Dianne Browning and the second Color Improv.  Enjoy the slide show and lets get the 2016 quilting year off to a great start!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free picture slideshow

7 comments:

  1. I haven't had much time for reading, I usually read at night, need to see what new books my favorite authors have out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilts how was amazing Anna, so much inspiration.

    I'm rereading the Outlander series again getting ready for their return in Spring.

    Also taking up your UFO challenge to finish a few things off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to get back to normal too Anna - took time off for celebrating and relaxing but now it's time to get back to being me. :) Happy new year! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to the blogging life is a good thing!
    Anna, I love what you wrote about quilting "You may not agree politically, religiously or culturally but when it comes to quilting you understand each other." So true!
    Now to go take a peek at your slide show, which I'm sure will be as exciting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can borrow "Wildwood" from me. I bought it off the favorites wall at Powell's too. LOVE the bird quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the Quiltworks latest exhibit...Marilyn provides a window for us all to enjoy each others artistic works. Central Oregon is luck to have her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the Quiltworks latest exhibit...Marilyn provides a window for us all to enjoy each others artistic works. Central Oregon is luck to have her!!!

    ReplyDelete