Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Muses

How was your weekend?  I know those of you back east were slammed with snow and I hope you are all safe and warm...as for us in Sisters country, we had a very mild weekend.  Last night the moon rising was so beautiful.


I had a busy weekend but I found some time to take a stitch or 2.  I realized that Groundhogs Day will be here before we know it and our family has 2 birthdays that day :)  My second cousin Erin is a Groundhog baby and a horse lover which meant a pillow needed to be made.  


Although, I admit to a large list of UFOs, WIPs and PIGs...I had a Labrador Retriever moment thanks to Sweet Pea and absolutely fell in love with her Snow Ball quilt.  Heart to Hand has a free pattern available!! And, I had the same fabrics as Sweet Pea because we are 2 peas in a pod! LOL.   Still have all the hand stitching to do and I changed it up a bit by adding the wool snowflakes...
but, isn't it stinkin' cute!!! 


What I think is,  although I am very focused on completing UFO's occasionally a new project helps 
invigorate the quilting soul.

7 comments:

  1. Your snowball is loong cute, just needs a face and needles on the tree. Perfect for a wintery dat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can thank The Rogue Quilter for this one! We are like dominoes!! One after the other, we topple! Dang stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...I'm going to make one too....yep..just another domino toppling lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice...I'm going to make one too....yep..just another domino toppling lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes perfect since to me 😊
    No one can resist this. Lovely idea with th wool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how it looks with the quilt surround, makes me want to make more.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful!
    our moon was amazing too here.
    we fared much better than many others.
    loved the colors on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete