Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Je Suis Paris

It's done!!!


I can't tell you how proud I am of myself :)  You understand the feeling...like when you have a labor intensive quilt you are stitching and you finally take that last stitch.  We all influence each other with our creations and about 3 years ago I followed step by step while Sakae labored through this beautiful cross stitch.  She is an amazing stitcher and I decided to emailed her and found that the pattern is from Jardin Prive in France.  I ordered one and knew someday this would be hanging in my home :) Yesterday, I dropped it off with Myrna at the High Desert Framework she truly is an artist when it comes to framing and when you work this hard on a piece you want it to shine!!!

Yesterday, I had to undergo an MRI for my spondylolisthesis and then see my doctor.  Getting older definitely isn't for sissies!!!  Anyhoo...when you are slid into the tube you have this ball hooked to an alarm that you can squeeze if there is an emergency.  As I was moved into the tube I could tell the ball disconnected from the alarm system which meant I was on my own.  You feel like you are in one of those tubes they shoot into space and the noise...well, my ears are still ringing.  You CANNOT move because the imagine will be blurry.  No scratching, sneezing, coughing...no MOVING.  Of course when they tell you that there can be no moving all you can think of is that itch on the end of your nose...or...what if you need to cough???  You know how I kept myself still...I went through my Sue Spargo stitch book in my brain deciding what stitches I was going to use on my flowers!!!  See, stitching does have medicinal purposes!

I hope your Tuesday is Terrific...I am heading to Woolies in Bend for some group stitching :)


13 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!! Your cross stitch is just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Congratulations! This is surely something you and your family will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a lovely job on the stitching Anna, it will truly be a treasure to enjoy when it is framed.

    Enjoy your get together today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your test results are good. I go for a CAT scan tomorrow.
    What count is your stitchery fabric? It is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the Cross stitch and I will remember your trick if I have to have a MRI..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just gorgeous, Anna! Can't wait to see it framed! What a great tip for being in those darned MRI machines! Good luck on the results. I had the same condition.
    Cheers!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its very pretty. How are you going to frame this? I have a couple works I need to mount and I not sure what to do. Sue does some interesting stuff. Have done one pattern of hers years ago, good luck on yours, its fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job on it, that is a lot of stitching.
    I think they would have to knock me out to get me in one of those, lol. I can sit still by zoning out, but not sure if i am stuck inside for a long period.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's beautiful, and amazing.
    hope everything goes okay with the MRI results, anything medical is no fun at all.
    sue s. to the rescue, I adore her work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad I wasn't able to be in Bend this afternoon! I had to make a quick run this morning to bring my car in.
    Your Cross stitch is truly amazing! Way to go Anna!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cross stitch - beautiful! And you work so fast - I'm impressed! I hate those MRI's - claustrophobic! Try doing one with your head screwed down in place - made me want to scream but I kept my eyes closed and thought of my kids. They were checking for a source of nerve pain - and fortunately all was normal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a beautiful finish!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete