Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Happiness

Yesterday for a variety of reasons I was running around from one end of the county to the other during which I listened to a Podcast about Happiness.  The gist of what I came away with was... it is really challenging to embrace happiness when you are running from one end of the county to the other.  Our busyness  keeps us from really feeling happiness.  Maybe that is why I enjoy hand work so much...it forces me to slow down and be.

On the way back to Sisters I pulled off the road because I needed to to take this photo...this year I intend to really see what is around me and enjoy :)


It was a full Woolies group everyone working away on UFO's except for Leslie who is new to wool and so hasn't amassed a pile of UFO's.  
But, I see it in her eyes...it is only a matter of time!


I am still in the process of tacking down my flowers before I dive in with the embellishment stitches.  I am loving all my UFO's all over again!


Here are a few photos of some of the show 'n tell at Woolies.  You can click on the photo to enlarge. Hope your day is filled with kindnesses.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This digital collage customized with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. I'm off to my monthly wool group also, hope to get some pictures of what the group is working on to share.

    Love the bold colours of your flowers.

    That picture you pulled over to take is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you show us a glimpse of your gorgeous surroundings. Brings back memories of our occasional treks to central Oregon. Ufos are such fun to pull out and work on after a few months in hibernation, almost like beginning a new project - again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just be! Ahhhhhh!
    Beautiful photo!
    Love the Eiffel Tower!
    All such pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love sitting on the porch at night and looking up at the stars, that is how I relax and center myself, even if it is cold, the stars just seem brighter in winter. Wonderful projects, always love seeing what you are up to.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was the podcast? My wool pile of projects needs some serious taming this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a self-help blog author and reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @selfhelpnemonik

    ReplyDelete