Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday??? No Way!!!

Some how every week there is a Friday!!!  Holy !@#$ Batman!  How does it happen?  As it turned out I didn't get out to Black Butte to visit the Fabric Stalkers yesterday.  Life happened and so today I am heading out there to see what the Stalkers are up too.  I'll share what they are up to on Monday :)

After errands I got home and fell asleep on the couch...sometimes the spirit needs a break, lol.  Once I woke up refreshed it was time to dig in the sewing room.  I had little piles of "to do's" on various surfaces in the sewing room but decided to prep block 3 of the Yoko Saito BOM.  I am trying to keep up on this one.  I use Soft Fuse with my wool projects.  With my "on the go" life style I always have a wool project to stitch in the car, plane, train or boat, LOL.  I do not want to lose any of the pieces which is why I fuse my pieces to the background.  Step one,  trace the motifs onto the Soft Fuse.


Then I iron the designs on the chosen wool colors using steam on both side.  Once cool I cut them all out saving the left over pieces of wool for future projects.  Once all the pieces are cut out I arrange them on the background.


When the pieces are all arranged on the background I steam it down from the front then flip it over and steam from the back.  With this method I have never lost a piece and then I can stitch on the go :)  But if something did start to lift up (which hasn't happened for me) Lisa from Primitive Gatherings say staple an errant piece is the perfect solution.


See you back here on Monday...have some fun news to share!

11 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous looking block Anna. Enjoy your stitching day. I'm staying at home stitching not sharing my cold germs sigh, really wanted to stitch with friends today, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way!!! And I'm so glad it is. It was a long & tedious work week. Thanks for the great tips! Your basket block is very cute and the colors so soothing. I want some of that textured fabric on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week really flew by, but that is fine with me, that just means spring will get here faster, lol. Love your new piece, that is going to be beautiful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing project, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty block. I've never had luck with fusing wool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good tips! I want to try more wool in the future and I never know whether to fuse or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working with wool is my most favorite hand work. Rarely now do anything else and go about it just as you do except I use Lisa Bongean's fav fusible. The staple hint is something I've used too when I didn't want to use a fusible. Works great! Just finished 50 wool pennies to put on a border of a quilt. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the same process Anna, but I use Steam a Seam 2 Lite. I'm back at the mission and I brought at least 5 wool projects, 3 embroidery projects and I don't know how many cross stitch projects with me. If I do all that it will mean I'm not doing my job here! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a BEAUTIFUL block! Thank you for the tips on applique... I'm going to give soft fuse a try!

    ReplyDelete