Thursday, January 7, 2016

Berries

Yesterday The Berries got together for our UFO stitching day.  I have spent some time trying to outwit my UFO's.  Remember, tomorrow is UFO Friday and I have a specific project that I have chosen to work on each Friday...then, there is the UFO Woolie Challenge at QuiltWorks.  When I attend Sit 'n Stitch at Sew Many Quilts I take an embroidery UFO...rounding up the challenges with The Berries UFO which is my Stars & Sprigs quilt.  I have reduced the size of the quilt to fit a wall in my house but I will still have to finish 18 applique blocks and 18 pieced blocks.  I have 3 applique blocks prepped for stitching.  I use a light colored silk thread for the hand applique.  I also finished 3 of the pieced blocks.  I shall prevail over my UFO's....are you with me??!!!


This month the Berries met at Peggy's house.  Peggy has created a home that is filled with wonderful vignettes of a life time of collecting and travel.  One of the reasons I love hand stitching is, not only does it make my mind peaceful but it allows me to be in the presence of other quilters and hear their stories.  As Shrek says, every one of us has many layers to our onion and Peggy is no exception.  She and her husband have an extensive travel history which is reflected in their home...BUT, what I did not know is that Peggy is an artist...there are dozens of canvases with wonderful paintings hanging in her home...and she is the artist!!!  I so appreciate those individuals who have the ability to create art whether it be with fiber or paint from their own hearts.  Peggy's sewing room is the first featured in 2016.  Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free photo slideshow

5 comments:

  1. That last painting rather looks like Santa in cut off blue jean? Or was my mind playing tricks with me.

    What a lovely home to have. Thank Peggy for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home! I bet you all had a berry good time! I know...lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ambitious Berries in beautiful surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ambitious Berries in beautiful surroundings!

    ReplyDelete