Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wrapping Up 2015

I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up 2015 then to go and see Star Wars!  There was a whole bunch of hype and without revealing anything for those of you who haven't seen it yet...it did harken back to the feel of the original movie.  Maybe it was because I am older and the original movie was soooo cutting edge for it's time...that this one didn't get my heart rate up...like back in 1977.  I did like it and am glad I went to see it....


...but...I don't know...we were just so much 
more cooler and hip back 
when the original movie came out....


I decided to commemorate the release by 
making a couple of pillow cases.  
I like how they came out :)


This is a long slide show...like a 2 cup of coffee slide show...and it is more a wrap up of my year and may not interest you. But, I really wanted to make it...to remind myself that no matter how difficult times are there were some extraordinary days.  I am so grateful for the blessings in my life and the tough times are wrapped in pieces of fabric that are stitched into bearable moments by all of you who take the time to stop by...read and chat a bit.  Thank you!!! I look forward to 2016 with all of you :)


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another free digital slideshow by Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Great slideshow Anna, you had a busy, productive, travelling year. I can't imagine the adventures you'll have in 2016!

    Have a lovely Happy New Year and look forward to meeting up next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the original Star Wars, but not so much with this new version. To me it was like watching a complication of the original in a new package. Sort of like picking up a new quilt book that is the same old patterns from 20 years plus ago only in a new wrapper with today's fabrics. I much prefer C3PO and R2D2 to the new droid who doesn't even talk and has no side kick like C3PO to interpret. Those two droids were the best and provided the comedy relief needed too. With all the hype of this new Star Wars, I was greatly disappointed and wonder how it got such good reviews. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sort of nonplussed about the film-did not like one certain thing in particular!-but I really liked Rey. I told my dh that if I didn't consider it a Star Wars movie I liked it fine. I'm planning on seeing it again with my 8 year old son who loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we were SO much cooler back then!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your wrap-up of 2015. It is good to look back and reflect on friendships, beautiful places and one's loving family...thanks for reminding me to do just that! And, BTW, we are still cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing slide show! I only needed one cup of coffee. You work choice for the year is a good one. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete