Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Word of the Year


Have you chosen your word for 2016?  Each year I like to chose a word to live by...a touch stone for the year. I encourage you to ponder what word you would want to embrace for an entire year.  My 2015 word was "Release"...and ya know...it really was the word I needed to carry in my heart.  As the end of this year is upon us and I think of all the ups and downs of the past year...Release...really was the perfect word.  After much pondering about the changes around me I have decided my word for 2016 will be....

Kindness

Kindness towards myself and others...it doesn't mean I have to like everyone, LOL...or put up with mean/rude people...but, I think if I approach living with kindness maybe the world will feel it.

I wanted to show you the BOM that the Sew 'n So Sisters are working on for 2016.  I have already prepped the first 2 blocks!  


I also finished prepping all the blocks for My Sewing Room.  I am so happy to have this project ready to go...I have always loved this pattern and am looking forward to many relaxing times stitching.  


I am feeling quite smug...
having 12 projects large and small 
all prepped and ready for stitching :) As the year winds down think about choosing a word for 2016 and prepping ahead...I think you'll like it :)

10 comments:

  1. Woe Anna, you are very much ahead of the game, I look forward to see how your Yoko Saito block progress.

    I've got that Sewing Room piece also I may have to pull it out for consideration. So many projects to choose to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely great WORD for 2016....I'm still thinking of mine...Janet.... A HUGE fan from Canada....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely great WORD for 2016....I'm still thinking of mine...Janet.... A HUGE fan from Canada....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I received my book, and to say thanks again. Happy New Year!
    quiltlady2010@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive perfect word for the new year. You are amazingly organized having all those projects ready to go. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This world could use a lot more people selecting "kindness" as their word of the year. Great choice and woohoo to you for having so many projects prepped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful word and a good word to live by.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I choose "Finish" as my word this year. My goal is to finish what I start. To finish my quilting projects, crafting projects, books, yarn projects, new recipes I clip....everything I start I need to FINISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rolling right along with your prepping! Both are super neat projects! Yoko Saito is definitely a talent! Kindness is a great word for 2016! I think the world needs a lot more it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I chose my word very early this morning as I jotted down some thoughts and goals for this coming year. I chose kindness also! Kindness brings me JOY and I intend to hang onto the daily joy.

    ReplyDelete