Monday, December 28, 2015

Countdown to New Years

Our Christmas Day was beautiful!  Lots of snow...which we need and 
clear skies which we enjoy :) I hope yours was equally wonderful.


My final project for 2015 was this little table runner/wall hanging for my son.  The iconic Bend symbol and of course a selection of microbrews :)  The laser cut Bend emblem and fabric with the microbrews was purchased at QuiltWorks


I think the highlight of my Christmas holiday was the present which was wrapped by my DIL.  You have watched via the blog that my DIL, Em has been learning to quilt.  This has been one of the highlights of my year.  To pass on this craft/art that has brought me so much joy to another person.  And, as you can imagine it has been a learning experience for both of us...for me to see outside the box. Our present arrived completed trussed like a steer in a rodeo competition! 


After removing all the red twine...I discovered a layer of fabric that had been stitched together to form wrapping fabric! LOL


followed by batting strips that secured the next layer...
followed by several layers of Christmas wrapping paper!


which after quite a while revealed McMenimen's Gin, LOL


I don't know about you but I am ready for the New Year!  I have all kinds of plans in mind...oh yes, I have been making a whole list of plans!!!  I can't wait to share with you over the next few days.  I will try to get my thoughts more organized and start sharing them with you starting tomorrow.  In the meantime enjoy this video I happened upon that makes me chuckle!

4 comments:

  1. Cute video and song. Do you remember the movie The Doctor with William Hurt? I always thought it should be part of medical school training.

    Love the fake out wrapping Em did on your gift! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute idea for a quilter, then you can make something out of the quilted wrapping.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em is delightful! The video is right-on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em is delightful! The video is right-on!

    ReplyDelete