Tuesday, December 29, 2015

An Epic Year

2016 is going to be an Epic Year!  The Woolie Blog is going to hit the road!  HH and I have decided that we are going to try and visit some awesome quilt shops and meet some of the readers of the Woolie Blog.  But, more about that at a later date :)  In the meantime I have been thinking about my quilting plans...so far I have stayed on track with prepping something each day till the end of this year.  I have a nice little pile of items to stitch.  

The local Woolies are already planning on keeping up with at least one holiday project...we are on schedule with finishing at least 1 Valentines project before the end of the month.  Next is to identify a St. Patrick's Day project for January.

A second commitment is to identify at least 1 UFO that you want to finish in 2016.  If you are able to move on to a second one...all the better.  We are going to work on this project in our Woolie group during the second meeting of the month.

The third commitment I want to make is to embroider a tea towel each month thus creating a nice little gift pile by Christmas 2016.

And, finally the Sew 'n So Sisters have signed up for the Yoko Saito Floral BOM with Primitive Gathering and will be stitching our blocks throughout the year...encouraging each other to the finish line.

Yes, it is going to be an Epic Year!

I picked up my mail and was excited to see the brochures for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and the Sisters Quilters Affair 2016.  I have 4 programs in this years list of classes...2 wool and 2 sit 'n stitch classes.  I hope I see some of you this year!!!



Hope you have a nice Wednesday and it includes a stitch or two :)

8 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good Wednesday AND A GOOD TUESDAY (LOL) as well!! I looked for Primitive Gatherings and Yoko Saito's BOM but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it!! Is it 10 blocks with beautiful borders? Flowers in vases?? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I have never been during the quilt show weekend . . . maybe someday, but I have truly enjoyed the posters that they do each year . . . great art for a quilter:)
    Happy New Year!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an epic year to be sure Anna, too bad our guild show was last year! But I'm sure you will have lots to enjoy on this trip you've planned. Looking forward to hearing details.

    Hope to get down for the show again this year, so fun to meet up with you and your friends.

    Enjoy your day, I think this long weekend made you loose a day! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you and your hubby get to Phx I'd really enjoy meeting you.

    OK, so can I be an honorary Woolie? Pretty please. I promise to behave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you!
    press ( & stitch) on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have a busy year. I am just happy to make things, no pressure to do a certain thing or time limit, but i do plan on making gifts all year and working on some UFO's.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if you're going to travel you really should try the baths in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The closest quilt shop is 45 minutes away but the attractions here, which include me, are wonderful! :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete