Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Acorn & Threads

The Northern and Western part of Oregon have been hard hit by weather this past few weeks.  Landslides, flooding and thousands of trees down.  Here is Central Oregon we have had only a few weather related events.  One of my favorite cross stitch shops is in the Portland area Acorn & Threads was flooded!!!


But, they are back up waiting for new carpet and right how everything is 20% off!!  so if you know what you are looking for give them a call!


They are so helpful...I had this sampler pattern bought by PDF from France 
and I just took it into them and they figured out what 
I needed cloth and thread wise!


I have been planning and plotting for 2016...
I have all kinds of proposals for you all....
but, I have already started with 
Woolie program #1. 

"Prepping" 

Between now and the end of the year I am going to try and prep a wool or embroidery project each day.  It doesn't have to be a big one...but, it does have to be a project that I have been wanting to make and already have either the pattern or kit.  I know that 2016 already looks to be a "year on the go" and if I have projects already prepped I can just throw them into the suitcase or bag and there won't be any excuse for not enjoying some stitching time.  And, that is another thing...I am no longer going to look at my projects as just a list of things to be completed...from now on I am going to look at them as an enjoyable ways to spend my time...enjoying the process.  So far, I have 6 projects prepped!!!


Stay tuned for more Woolie 2016 plans!!!  For now, enjoy the week...today I head to QuiltWorks for some girlfriend stitching time.  Have a great Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. Yikes....I have not heard of this shop and sad that they were so affected. Way to go on the prepping part. Get you some good travel boxes too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good intentions don't always materialize if you know what I mean.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you shared pictures of Acorn and Threads I knew I wanted to check them out and still will but how devastating for them. Wish I had a list and I'd call them and order.

    Love your word, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making plans for lots of handwork in 2016(stitchery and wool projects). My biggest downfall is the prepping - ugh! I'm going to try doing what you're doing - one a day. Shouldn't take long to gather a nice pile of projects. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the good reminder that quilting is more than a list of things to do. It's enjoyment, relaxation and pleasure. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are getting more rain this week, then cold again. At least it is warm and we are not getting tons of snow again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope they get things cleared up!
    hope you have a fantastic 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is looking wonderful! Love the soft colors! I agree... stitching should be "enjoying the process" and not a list of "things to get done"... I've tried to simplify my stash through this year in hopes of only having projects that I enjoy spending time on... I do like your "prep" idea! It seems that very important step always hinders me from starting a project! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your 'prepping' idea and I think I'm going to follow your lead. It seems I never get any hand stitching done unless I'm actually in my quilt room cutting and sewing, and I've got so many appliqué and embroidery projects I would like to do, but never get around to it. So this is a Great Idea and I'm so glad you blogged about it! I'm now a 'Follower' of Wooliemammoth in more ways than one ;o)) Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your prepping idea! Terrible about the flooding. It is a beautiful shop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have adopted an enjoying the process attitude. The Slow Stitching Movement really speaks to me. I was finding that I have accumulated so many projects because I just want to do it all and my "backlog" of projects was stressing me out and making the quilting that I love almost start to become a chore. So like you, I have started to adopt the all about the process theme to re-focus what I love to do. Thanks for the reminder! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering how central Oregon was doing weather-wise... Stay dry. I fear this terrible flooding that El Niño may bring.

    Good planning to prep projects in advance. I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete