Friday, November 6, 2015

UFO Friday!!!!

yeah...it is UFO Friday and I finished a UFO.  This table runner was a trade I did with Fabric Stalker Julie several years ago and it has been languishing on my rack of unquilted quilts.  I pulled it off the rack and started quilting until I was done!!! And, now it is all ready to gift to my sister's DIL to use in her new home.  I will be heading down to San Francisco to visit a dear friend and then heading to Napa for some sister/family time.  Which means I will be taking a blog vacation.  I will meet you back here a week from today for UFO Friday! During this vacation I will be hanging out on Instagram and Facebook :)


This past week I made a stitching pillow.  I wasn't sure how beneficial the pillow was for hand stitching but the gals in the So 'n Sews swear by it...well, they were right.  All it took was 2- 16 inch squares and a bag of stuffing.  It really does support your arms, shoulders and keeps your neck a proper position.


I needed a project that would be easy to carry along in airports and decided the easiest would be a Sashiko Block from Making Waves.  
One block, one skein of thread...lets see how far I get?!


Today, I am grateful for all the wonderful quilters is the world.

10 comments:

  1. I am thankful for this lovely blog of yours to read. It is thoughtful, creative, and sometimes tender...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time away Anna, enjoy the city and Napa. Have a picnic at V Sattui winery, love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth being finished, beautiful quilt Anna. Enjoy your vacation in California... how lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels and best wishes. Have fun.

    I am grateful for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to finish things, I am finally getting there myself. Now how does the pillow work, you put it in your lap? I know that when I used a pillow, it did help a lot, so maybe I can make one just for that. Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy the sun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about your pillow--is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I am thankful for a free afternoon. Time to pick some lemons, take a relaxing shower, and do some cutting for a Saturday class. Have a wonderful time in the Bay Area and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe...a little piece of me passed along. :) I'm thankful for quilting friends who inspire and to laugh with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna, I'm thankful for family and friends. My grandsons helped put the yard to bed for the winter. 60 fancy daffodils to plant and it is done! Friends, especially quilty ones, are the best! I miss all of you Material Girls. Son Jim and family are still talking about retiring in Bend in a few years. If so, I may return. I've designated November as UFO month. Double benefits with that: the satisfaction of finishing a quilt and Christmas gifts. Am working at the Rescue Mission the day before T. Day. This year my kids will be with their dad, so I have four whole days of nonstop quilting in my pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful finish Anna! A stitching pillow is something new to me, but it sure sounds like a great idea.
    Have a wonderful time with your sister and family!

    ReplyDelete