Friday, November 13, 2015

Parlez-Vous Francais...Bienvenue a la Maison

This last week I wrapped up my ongoing campaign to celebrate my birthday for 2 months!!!  I think this years campaign was successful, LOL.  Each year my high school bestie and I spend a weekend together to celebrate.  My birthday is in October and hers is in November.  This year I flew down to her neck of the woods.  Thank goodness the flight was under 2 hours...cause flying is not fun anymore...totally packed!


Since I was traveling to Colleen neighborhood she found us a hotel near Union Square San Francisco...OMG, did she knock it out of the park!  The Cornell Hotel de France was straight out France...I swear I stayed in this hotel while traveling with Robin and Lori in France!!!  This place was charming with a capital "C"!!!  And, it had a wonderful restaurant where we had a 4 course dinner. 


Although Colleen is not a quilter she made sure I had time in a fabric store...now that is true friendship, LOL


...of course, we also had to enjoy all that San Francisco 
had to offer on a glorious day.


walking around Chinatown reminded so much of when I was a kid and my parents used to bring 
my sister and I there.


On our last full day in the city 
we decided to treat ourselves 
to High Tea at the Palace Hotel...the Palace is beautiful!


Enjoying our tea and a variety of petite sandwiches.


...followed by several choices of desserts, cookies and scones...yum!


I made a little slide show of the Cornell Hotel de France in case you ever want to make a trip to San Francisco and need a place to stay.  Monday I will have a quilting slide show :)  Have a wonderful weekend!  I continue to be grateful each day...today, I am grateful for friendships.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design customized with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Those paintings on the walls are amazing! I'm glad you shared this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'hotel est tres magnifique! Merci pour votre photos Anna, une tres jolie experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun place to visit and a wonderful adventure with friends.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing time! The hotel is like stepping into another world, extraordinary. And the fabric store! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun experience! I love the Bay Area. Hanging with high school friends is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post today can not be more timely. Via la France!
    On gratitude, today I am thankful for family with the addition of my first grandchild. Something so good when things are so bad.

    ReplyDelete