Monday, November 2, 2015

Holy Moley...It's November!!! Time For A New Adventure


How was your Halloween Weekend?  Mine was interesting...first my sister wanted to learn how to make pillowcases!!! So we spent Halloween Day in my sewing room...how perfect is that!!!  She made 2 for her grandsons and the Starwars themed fabric was purchased at BJ's Quilt Basket.  

I am not sure about your neck of the woods but ours a wild weather Halloween night!  There are a couple of lots in the neighborhood that have been excavated for new construction and the dust was like a dust storm!  A porta potty blew down the street!!! And, there were a couple of garbage cans flying around.  We had a total of 3 groups (9 kids) and they were all interesting...first came the sweet little girl, then a couple of brothers...after that a couple of older kids around 13 yrs old and one didn't even have a trick or treat bag...he just ate the candy he was handed, LOL...efficient little bugger!  And the last group...when I was dropping the candy in their baskets one of them had a GO PRO in his basket filming!  When I asked him if that was a GO PRO he sheepishly agreed...so I gave him 3 candies, LOL.  One of the kids with him said they were keep track of which houses had the best candy for next year.  Have times changed or what!!!

I finished the Bali Bamboo Table runner from the class Em and I took together. I chose to "face" the table runner rather than add another element with the binding.  I knew that it would be a gift for somebody...but, who???  Then I saw a secret message in the fabric!!!



Can you see the message???


Here is a close up of the message..."Love - Emily".  How amazing is that...here I am quilting along and I find this message.  I don't know about you but I pay attention to stuff like this and so I finished it up and passed it on to my DIL :)



Are you ready for a new adventure???  A quilting adventure???  No pressure, no hardcore rules...just encouragement in a positive way.  So, here's the deal...I am always frustrated with my holiday projects.  When ever Christmas comes around I don't have any of my Christmas projects finished...when Valentines Day comes it is too late to think about Valentine Projects.  The goal for some of my friends and I is to start early.  If you are game here is the only rule...Identify a Valentine's Day project you have wanted to get done and start working on it this month!  Next month I will encourage you to pick a new project for the next holiday.  Also, I have proclaimed for myself UFO Fridays.  That means every Friday I will either stitch on a UFO or look at my UFOs...I need to stay acquainted with them :)  So, are you in???

Have a great Monday!

9 comments:

  1. I'm in like Flint for that one, in fact I got the first top done and found the one I had planned to work on at retreat yesterday while digging for some fabrics for a secret project to be made with a group of friends. Spent Sunday power cutting and orioning while others sewed and recut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild and windy weather was happening here in the valley too! Beautiful Autumn leaves now cover the ground... Em is one lucky girl! Your idea to keep ahead of the holidays is a good one, and that UFO Friday is brilliant! Now...if most of my sewing projects were not in storage I'd be raring to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain and windy here in Salem. To be on time for the holidays if you get this Magazine Primitive Quilts Winter 2015 go to page 57 and you most of the Holiday done. That is what I'm working on in the evenings. Have Fun in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I DID start an XO quilt this year (not in time for V-day) and didn't finish. Maybe I'll work on it and get it done in time. I just finished a table topper flimsy for fall (gah!) but it'll be done for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting way to spend halloween, lol. Love how her name was in the fabric, so fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would like to play along on Fridays if that is available.... There are soooo many UFO's in my stash.
    It's raining here in southwest MT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have a great idea about doing holiday projects! I'm in. I will be joining you on Fridays also. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do a lot of holiday-specific projects, but I probably should/could! I have been hanging quilts on the back of my sofa and love seat, and trying to change them out with the seasons. I don't have nearly enough! I do have my fabulous tree skirt back from the longarmer and the binding is on, just needs to be sewn down, so that's a Christmas project almost done! As far as UFOs, well, that's kind of ongoing. Every time I fine a new one, I add it to the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an awesome table runner. Beyond the Reef has modern patterns. Your fabric choices are so fun and pop!

    ReplyDelete