Monday, November 23, 2015

Good Morning Quilt World

life was beautiful in Sisters Country this weekend.  The mountains continue to add layers of snow and Mt. Bachelor opened a few lifts!!! Our neighborhood started putting out their Christmas decorations because the weather was good...word on the street is we will be dropping into the teens by Thanksgiving!!!  No complaining about the weather around here...bring it on!


I finished some Christmas ornaments for an exchange...so, I am feeling a little smug and today I am going to prep the remaining blocks ( I have 4 left) for the Free Buttermilk Basin mystery BOM.  That will keep my fingers busy this week while watching TV.

The November QuiltWorks Gallery show requested small quilts for display...and it seeing them makes me again grateful that I live here with so many other quilters.

This one is mine, "Duk Soon II" which is the name of my parents sailboat...so many fond memories on that boat.  click on the photo and you can see my mom and dad sailing the boat away :)


Enjoy the rest of the submissions...they are all wonderful.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely Anna, I like all the different visual textures your did with your quilting. Truly a great memory of your parents.

    The slide show is great, wish one of our shops did something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Christmas decorations: Have you hung up that wonderful Christmas ball from Arne and Carlos yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt show! Your sailboat quilt is wonderful. Love the quilting on it too. Many in the slideshow were beautiful. Love the one with the birch trees.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete