Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Broadway Quilts Sonoma, California

It looks like by the time I got to Broadway Quilts I had run out of money and had to work for my fabric!!!  Not really...what I realized was that I was going to be giving a lesson on pillow case and napkin construction to my sister  & BIL and neither are quilters...which means there would be no rotary cutter, cutting mat or rulers at her house.  Lucky for us the gals at Broadway Quilts allowed me to cut up our fabric at the shop!!!


My BIL was game to learn French seams...and the mantra of pillow case construction..."right sides together..."


...and looks at my sister!!!  this is her 3rd pillow case!


At Broadway Quilts they had a display of no sew pumpkins using only a 
fat quarter of fabric :)


Yep, that's right...a fat quarter of Fall fabric, a roll of toilet paper and a brown paper bag twisted and stuffed in the paper roll as the stem!!  Clever and you can use the fabric in a project when Fall has passed!


Enjoy the slideshow of the shop and they can send 
you anything you wish to purchase :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow

3 comments:

  1. How lovely of the shop to let you do all the cutting for your pillow case sweat shop. I'm guess that you sister and BIL may be back there soon.

    It looks like a lovely store, those polka dot scissors look tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos... I would drop some $$ in that shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fun and nice to have a store that allows you to work on their tables. We had one that had open sewing on sundays, then they closed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete