Thursday, November 5, 2015

Berries

Loved, loved, loved waking up to this sight!!!  


The Berries met for our once a month gathering.  Since regrouping and reorganizing we are now a sweet 8...just enough to be able to meet in each other's homes.  And, we are all committed to work on a designated UFO and if we finish it then we'll move on to the next UFO.  2016 will be the year of the UFO and we are starting early!

My chosen Berry UFO is the Stars and Sprigs quilt.  I am decreasing the size by 2 rows to fit a wall in my house...but, it still means I need to make 49 blocks with half of them pieced and half applique.


I started and stopped this project in 2012 and it felt 
sooooooo good to start stitching this project again!


Cathy found her quilt top buried in her sewing room!  so beautiful...she has 4 appliqued blocks left and then layering and quilting!


Ginn is hand embellishing this block and plans on making a pillow.


I LOVE Pat's hand appliqued blocks!!!  
now to finish the setting blocks and borders.


Karen pulled this Santa project out...and, you know what...
I have this project buried somewhere in my sewing room waiting to be started!


Peggy found these blocks in her sewing room....
now to figure out what to do????


And, to top the day off Ginn shared a little girls jacket that she whipped up!!!  I have clothing construction on my list of things to learn in 2016!


Today, I am grateful for the snow on the mountains :)  
Hope your day has some bright moments!

9 comments:

  1. Anna, you Kim McLean piece will be lovely. How many blocks have you already finished? Those borders are amazing!

    The other UFO's are wonderful. Good luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to start a UFO group!! I need a group like this to start a fire under my UFOs. I can no longer shut my spare bedrooms closet...too many UFO totes!! :o((

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend time working on UFO's! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to borrow some of your enthusiasm to get going on my UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a support group for UFOs...now I could use one of those. lol Thanks for the inspiration. I just love those snow covered mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful projects Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CRAZY!!!!!!!
    i just pulled out those same blocks that Pat appliqued.
    i too decided it was time to finish this project.
    CRAZY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I am grateful that I have more finishes than starts. This includes two long term UFOs. Baby steps for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Nimble Thimbles group is also 8 and it's just the perfect number. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete