Monday, October 19, 2015

What Did You Do???

So, what did you do this weekend...I want to hear?!  Did you quilt, hike, stitch...what, what, what???  I did a little more October decorating.  I brought Walter out and if you click on the photo of him you'll see that Robin made him a heart!!!  Then HH thought he needed a bouquet of dead flowers from the yard, LOL.


I helped Em layer her Christmas/Winter quilt and start the quilting...but, first we needed to head to the Stitchin' Post to get a backing.  While taking a look around the shop I discovered this fabric!!! OMG is it ever beautiful.  3/4 yards gives you a repeat...I have no idea what I am going to do with it but...I just had to have it!!  Sometimes a fabric just speaks to you :)


I did make a couple of pillowcases for my grandsons.  I remember taking a pillowcase out to Trick or Treat hoping to fill the entire case...so, I thought I would send these to them just in case those little bags were quite big enough.


It was a cool rainy weekend which meant a lot of indoor activities including a neighborhood gathering.  I said good bye to a much loved neighbor who passed away, did some reading, stitched, cooked and just enjoyed life.  This is our time...and, I learned this weekend...you had better not waste it!  

I am really making headway on my cross stitch since getting my MagEyes.  I think I will have this one done in time for the Christmas decorating.


Soooo, tell me about your weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I went to PIQF this weekend :-) and boy, was that fun!
    That piece of fabric with the houses is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pillow cases. I made treat bags for the grands out of the black Winco shopping bags. Appliqued wool pumpkins on both sides, for the girl I added purple and green ball fringe to make it more "girly". They are still using them 3 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday was spent hooking (as in RUG hooking) and Sunday was lunch out and a quilt show with some of my friends. Love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday I headed off to Harrison Hot Springs for our thirteens annual guild retreat, I've made it to twelve, two days before I broke a bone in my foot and I missed that year.

    Got lots done, designed a tree for appliqué, worked on another design, got two sets of blocks into flimsies and did some reverse stitching on a finished top because I didn't like the placement of one block and added borders. Now it is ready for the appliqué layer. And I got my wool appliqué freezer paper patterns iron on so I can cut them out.

    Then I had to leave early because of a reaction to some body lotion a fellow retreat gal put on...:-(. Good thing is I got a dry drive home, now it is raining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drove to Ashland to see my boy and watch his football game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a long weekend--4 days off! I spent the first three quilting and enjoying our rainy weather. I went shopping today for some much needed clothes. My teenager, also known as my stylist, went and helped me find some good things on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I taught an Advanced Placement Saturday Session, went to lunch, visited a new quilt shop and bought fabric, read, and yucky weekend stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What did I do this weekend? Hiked Saturday morning, watched our granddaughter play soccer in the afternoon and had the family over for dinner. Sunday morning rode our bikes to Kinsol Trestle and raked oak leaves in the yard in the afternoon and FINALLY did some woolwork Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! We always had a pillow case for collecting treats! The ones you made are awesome!
    This past weekend I did some prep on a couple of projects that I hope to get stitching on this weekend... the cooler temps are making it easier to settle into the sewing room or soft, squishy chair and stitch away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to PIQF! Drove up Thurs with a friend, went to the show and fashion show on Friday, back to the show for a bit on Saturday then drove part-way home. Sunday we finished the drive home. Lots of fun but pretty exhausting. Monday was back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We travelled to Canada to visit family. Viewed a potential house...sorry to say it is not in the running...still looking. Did some crocheting in the car...4+ hours of driving time one way...just can't sit for that length of time and do nothing. I love to bind quilts on those trips or hand embroider. Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We travelled to Canada to visit family. Viewed a potential house...sorry to say it is not in the running...still looking. Did some crocheting in the car...4+ hours of driving time one way...just can't sit for that length of time and do nothing. I love to bind quilts on those trips or hand embroider. Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete