Friday, October 23, 2015

Sweet Vacation

Do you ever want to take a short break from life...the work, the phone calls, the drama...Well, I had such a break!  I spent the day with the Sew 'n So's.  We met out at Linda's house, which in and of itself immediately makes you feel relaxed.  It is off the beaten path...no wild traffic back ups, no double round abouts...just a quiet sweet spot in which to spend time stitching with girlfriends.


Linda is blessed to not only have a sewing room...but, over the garage she has a scrap booking room!!!  We had a tour of this newly furnished space!


I didn't want to make a slide show  because I wanted you to be able to click on the photos to enlarge.  Linda's latest applique creation is stunning!!!


Such incredible work and you can tell she had fun with every stitch!



Her house is decked out for Halloween!



Just a few Halloween decorations to enjoy!!!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend...enjoy the moments and be sure and hug someone...
they may need one :)

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Picture collage customized with Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. Linda's chicken quilt fabrics are amazing! I love her pumpkin and cat stack...too cute!

    What a lovely place to live and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the Halloween stitchery...with the scalloped edges! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her decorations and lots of ones I have never seen before. I don't collect cats so much now but I do love the vintage halloween cats.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely place indeed to take a break. An afternoon stitching with friends surrounded by wonderful completed projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my..... What a exceptional talented lady! !
    Love the stacked pumpkins. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat-o! That wool applique (2pumpkins and cat) is awesome! Haven't seen that pattern around...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, fabulous home and decor, love those roosters and chickens, amazing work!!! That would have been a really nice day!!! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh wonderful. We all need those mini vacations from time to time! I love what she's done with her room. Quite the little hideaway. Does she have a secret knock for visitors? I love that she tackles some time intensive projects and works in a variety of mediums.
    My pattern package from Buttermilk Basin arrived today! I sitting here staring at that cute snowman with the winter scene on his tophat! I'm feeling inspired to raid my wool shelf! Thank You for picking me to win this cute little group of patterns!

    ReplyDelete