Thursday, October 1, 2015

Florence, Oregon


Oh Boy...it is my birthday month...and I am going to celebrate all month!!!  I am finding it hard to believe that it is already October!!!

When I got back home I had to hit the door running and wore a groove in the road between Sisters and Bend.  I took a break from the work to teach my DIL how to tack a binding down.  When I walked into their home I saw this quilt on the wall...I had totally forgot about making this quilt!  I believe I made this one for my son when he left for college...and the fabrics were purchased on a previous Fabric Stalker retreat!  Jane also purchased all the fabrics for this quilt!  I love our retreats :) And am excited to be heading on another one!



Now back to our coast trip.  I was sad to hear that a quilt shop in Florence had closed.  It reinforces the reason I write this blog...we are soooo blessed in Central Oregon.  With 9 shops within 45 miles I do not want any of them to close!!! Nor do I want any quilt shop to close!!!  Florence is a sweet spot on the Oregon Coast and the Old Town area is a nice place to walk.


There is still a shop in Florence and provides a place to meet for a lot of the coastal quilters.  There is a variety of fabric and the group that meet at the other shop are still meeting at Wenz-Daze.


I love the quilt on the cover of this slide show :)  I am heading to a Fabric Stalker Retreat in a coastal town this weekend.  So, next week I will have some great slide shows!!!  We are staying in the retreat space that is located above the quilt shop!!!  Is that amazing!!!  I will continue to finish up the week with more peeks of the Oregon Coast Road trip with HH...see you tomorrow!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that a Joy of Quilting has closed, it was a lovely shop.

    Lovely Showa and share at Wenz-Daze.

    Have a great time at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt on the wall, that is a beautiful quilt and a nice way to warm up their home. Love the bridge, areas like that are fun to visit.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish we had them closer. we have one 30 miles away but its small and the only one

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had two quilt shops close this summer. I do not like it, I do not like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our quilt group is always on the lookout for retreat houses, especially near Florence. (Not far from Eugene.) Would love to know where you stay and any other info you could share...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped at Wenz Daze just last week when we were in Oregon, along with almost every other shop along the coast from Astoria to Port Orford. What fun, especially since I don't have any quilt shops near our home now, unlike when we lived in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a happy happy birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also hate to see any quilt shop close. The area just calls you in..

    suebennett1975@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Enjoy celebrating the whole month

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your site through Stacy/Buttermilk Basin. We live in California. We visited the Oregon Coast in August. We went to that lighthouse! I climbed to the top and into the lens. It was a beautiful, sunny day. I even purchased a paper pieced lighthouse quilt pattern there. Visited 3 shops in Oregon. We will return, but travel further north next trip.

    ReplyDelete