Thursday, October 29, 2015

Are You A Farm Girl???

Have you seen the Farm Girl Quilts on Pinterest
they are adorable and tempting...
I never really checked the book out until 
Tamra from the Stitchin' Post brought in her latest project 
which was right out of this fabulous book!!!


One of the great features of this book is that it is already spiral bound!!!  For books that have a lot of blocks and instruction having it already spiral bound is a bonus.  I take my well used quilt and cookbooks to XPress for spiral binding at only $5 a book!!! Which makes the books easy to use...I am a better quilter and cook because of XPress! LOL


The first quilt Tamra showed us was an adorable mug rug for her daughter.  The book is filled with blocks that can be made 6 or 12 inches.  The bonus of these projects is Tamra made it totally out of her scrap bag!!!


She loved this block so much that she also made a table runner!!!  How cute is that!!!  Yep, I think shop owners need to take notice...all they need to increase sales is have their employees walk around with a new project they created...3 books sold to Jelly Roll Zinger participants...including me :)


Today is a home day...sigh...I love when a home day arrives!  I really want to finish my Bali Bamboo Runner and show you the secret message that I found in the fabric :)  Have a wonderful Thursday...I hope it includes some stitching.

7 comments:

  1. I love some of the farm girl fabric, but haven't found them at any of my local quilt shops. I did get a bit when I went row by row experience hoping.

    Love when you find secret messages in fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the sweet piggy that Lori designed for workshops after she published the book? I could barely wait til she released it as a pattern. Gotta make it for my Piggie Lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the sweet piggy that Lori designed for workshops after she published the book? I could barely wait til she released it as a pattern. Gotta make it for my Piggie Lover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't a Farm Girl Vintage lover until I saw how adorable the blocks are in 'real life'...much smaller than I thought they would be. CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the books or patterns do not do the actual quilt, justice. I have too many home days, I want to get out of here, haha.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow Lori online and bought the book. She is definitely talented and knows how to market her designs and books. They are all appealing! I am now (very slowly) making many of these blocks. Her instructions are clear and color choices are really attractive. Since I'm moving from the country into town it's my last hurrah to the farm life I've loved for 40+ years...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a lot of the farm girl blocks and quilts, so sweet. I really love that pumpkin block-so adorable, I may have to put it on my wish list!!! I am hoping Saturday will be a stay home day and also hoping the power stays on through the storm so I can sew and quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete