Monday, September 14, 2015

Full Weekend!!!

I am in full recovery mode :)  I guess I am not as young as I used to be. Concerts from morning to night and hanging with friends...I remember living like that when I was a student at the University of California, Santa Barbara...but, that was a long time ago!  The Sisters Folk Festival had it's 20th birthday and the celebration was absolute perfection.  I posted several photos and videos on Instagram and Facebook if you are inclined to check it out!  

I have to day my all time favorite performer was Eric Bibb, born and raised in New York City but left college for Europe to pursue his passion.  Currently lives in Finland.  His music is powerful!


So many fabulous performers...I could spend hours talking about them!  We wrapped up our weekend on Sunday afternoon with a performance by Jonathan Byrd & The Pickup Cowboys


Although I never stepped foot in my sewing room all weekend I did take a stitch or two on the Evelyn's Album.  I almost have one border completely stitched...yahoo!   
      

I do have some stitching opportunities this week and I plan to take full advantage!  Hope your week is starting off as well as mine :)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful weekend and wonderful music. I saw a campground in Mass that has top name bands come to play, that would be fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your Instagram clips of some of the performances. I like the veins you are stitching on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were also an alum from UC Santa Barbara! I went there too and certainly learned how to party at a music festival. Small world!

    ReplyDelete